Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronies

1. I thought these were Lebron's groupies. Either that or Buttplant discovered Yoshi's password list.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 04 Nov 2011 at 10:40 PM.

2. Once, a couple of years ago, I probably would have watched a few episodes to see what the fuss was about. Now I just don't have time. I'm sure it's fun but who's got that kind of time?

James

3. Lover, I just don't have time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Once, a couple of years ago, I probably would have watched a few episodes to see what the fuss was about. Now I just don't have time. I'm sure it's fun but who's got that kind of time?
    I think it's all up on YouTube. I watched a couple episodes while doing other stuff, it's not like strict attention needs to be paid in order to follow it.

5. That's the problem right there. If tv doesn't have my full attention, I don't watch. I tend to get absorbed in what I'm doing and then wonder how long ago the show stopped. I've heard of this "multitasking" thing, it sounds terribly wrong.

James

6. This is an excellent children's program. Flash animation done right. Vivid colors and tons of personality.

It's a children's program, though. For children. Hide a few nerd jokes and Dr. Who references into a children's program and you have a children's program made by a staff with a sense of humor. That's it.

I have a few friends that are WAY too into this. I watched an episode, one recommended as a good starting point, and I just don't SEE it. Wouldn't I love to believe that it's some hipster irony thing, but it's NOT. I mean, congrats to Lauren Faust and all for her sudden and frightening success, but this is no early 90s Nickelodeon cartoon chock full of hidden euphemisms for masturbation.

This is a children's cartoon. For children.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    This is an excellent children's program. Flash animation done right. Vivid colors and tons of personality.

It's a children's program, though. For children. Hide a few nerd jokes and Dr. Who references into a children's program and you have a children's program made by a staff with a sense of humor. That's it.

I have a few friends that are WAY too into this. I watched an episode, one recommended as a good starting point, and I just don't SEE it. Wouldn't I love to believe that it's some hipster irony thing, but it's NOT. I mean, congrats to Lauren Faust and all for her sudden and frightening success, but this is no early 90s Nickelodeon cartoon chock full of hidden euphemisms for masturbation.

This is a children's cartoon. For children.
    Watched it with the niece and felt the same way.

Also, we have a self-appointed "brony" in the office. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. This was mech's favoritest show ever a few months ago. (seriously, he did nothing but go on about this horrible remake for a week)
    Personally...I think the original was much better, I liked the animation more and I probably enjoyed it more all around because I was still a kid then XD I have no desire to watch this new one.

Bronies looks like the new pokemons though
    Last edited by Kyosalad; 05 Nov 2011 at 05:05 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's the problem right there. If tv doesn't have my full attention, I don't watch. I tend to get absorbed in what I'm doing and then wonder how long ago the show stopped. I've heard of this "multitasking" thing, it sounds terribly wrong.

James
    Well, a few episodes would be a lot shorter than building a massive pyramid. But you should spend your free time doing what you like.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kyosalad View Post
    This was mech's favoritest show ever a few months ago. (seriously, he did nothing but go on about this horrible remake for a week)
    That was entirely just me saying you were dumb for preferring the original. Which is true. The one episode I mentioned was great, yeah.

It's the one where they got cursed and the shy one got a black man's voice and started singing.