Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronies

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    That was entirely just me saying you were dumb for preferring the original. Which is true. The one episode I mentioned was great, yeah.

It's the one where they got cursed and the shy one got a black man's voice and started singing.
    Whatever helps you sleep better at night, buddy ;D You sooo went on about it for days
    Original >>> your black man version

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosalad View Post
    Original >>> your black man version
    How so?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post

I have a few friends that are WAY too into this. I watched an episode, one recommended as a good starting point, and I just don't SEE it. Wouldn't I love to believe that it's some hipster irony thing, but it's NOT. I mean, congrats to Lauren Faust and all for her sudden and frightening success, but this is no early 90s Nickelodeon cartoon chock full of hidden euphemisms for masturbation.
    That's what I was wondering. How odd.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    This is an excellent children's program. Flash animation done right. Vivid colors and tons of personality.

It's a children's program, though. For children.

This is a children's cartoon. For children.
    Like Avatar? Because that's how I felt about that show.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. I'm not sure if most of them have crossed into furry territory yet. But this is one hell of an gateway drug for it.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. Nah, it's like kids wearing flannel and trucker hats or other things they like "ironically" to be cool.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Like Avatar? Because that's how I felt about that show.
    Yeah, but a lot of people watch super hero cartoons and Japanese cartoons made for that same demographic. It's at least a children's cartoon with an ongoing plot and a bit of character development. Also, Mako. Somewhat understandable!

My Little Pony was originally intended for little girls and only little girls. It reflects that and has a clue of decent jokes that might float over a little girl's head, maybe?

So, yeah. Like Avatar, but many degrees more strange.

I used to watch the old My Little Ponies TV show (and Glow Worms on Fridays). It had some pretty long story arcs.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. I watched one episode of this and promptly vowed never to watch it again.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL