Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    for the money.
    But.... aw, never mind.

2. Man-Ram isn't going to get a decent look from anyone. If T.O., a cancer in the clubhouse but a player with a great work ethic who left the league with high production, can't get a contract, a cancer AND a lazy talent with a similar age and stats that fell like a rock can't.

But as I type this post and hit the web, the A's are interested. Heh.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 21 Jan 2012 at 07:08 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Man-Ram isn't going to get a decent look from anyone. If T.O., a cancer in the clubhouse but a player with a great work ethic who left the league with high production, can't get a contract, a cancer AND a lazy talent with a similar age and stats that fell like a rock can't.
    Also, a known steroid cheat.

4. Jays are about to sign Omar Visquel. I'm all a flutter.

5. Prince Fielder is now a member of the Detroit Tigers.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Tigers have signed Prince Fielder to a nine-year, $214 million deal.

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports first mentioned the possibility less than 10 minutes ago, and now it has become official: Fielder is going to Detroit, the same place his father Cecil spent seven years of his career. The 27-year-old slugger should shine bright for the Tigers, more than making up for the production lost by Victor Martinez's knee injury in 2012 and helping the team remain in the rung of American League contenders for years to come. Fielder owns a .929 career OPS. He batted .299/.415/.566 with 38 home runs and 120 RBI in 162 games last season for the Brewers.

6. That was kind of like the Phillies signing Cliff Lee last year. Completely out of the blue.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Prince Fielder is now a member of the Detroit Tigers.
    Awesome news for the Tigers! Amazing!

8. Good luck Prince. Glad you stayed out of the nl central.

9. I've been contemplating a trip to see a few Tigers games before (why not, it's like right there), but now I have no reason NOT to go.

10. I'll give you one. It's Detroit.