Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. Whoops. Yes.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So the Phillies are now the Yankees but with one World Series in 30 years. Who fucking cares about big names, besides idiots like Omar Minaya and Yankee fans?
    Big names generate revenue. Revenue is used to get more players and sign other players to extensions. This helps teams to win. It is a business and all.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. The Dodgers and Matt Kemp agree on an 8 year/$160 million extension pending physical. $$$$$$$$$$$

The Houston Astros will likely move to the AL West in 2013 which is part of the agreement the new owner has with the league. So that makes it 15 teams for each league with more interleague games played.

Fox Sports reports that Jose Reyes was offered a 6 year/$90 million contract from the Miami Marlins. There are conflicting reports on Hanley Ramirez regarding a position change if the fish sign Reyes.

The Baltimore Orioles will go old school with their caps next season.

Justin Verlander wins the AL Cy Young.
    Last edited by raystorm; 15 Nov 2011 at 02:44 PM.

4. Hanley Ramirez to the Jays, please. Then we can be a real life Bad News Bears! Outcasts! Misfits!
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 17 Nov 2011 at 07:41 PM.

5. More Wild Card slots!

6. I was against the extra wild-card team for awhile, but it makes sense. As mentioned before, the current wild-card team should be at a serious disadvantage (because they didn't win a division). In this format, they'll have to burn an ace in a one game playoff. Makes things a little more exciting at the end of the season and gives some leverage to the division winners. I can live with it.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. New unis for the Jays. I like 'em.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I was against the extra wild-card team for awhile, but it makes sense. As mentioned before, the current wild-card team should be at a serious disadvantage (because they didn't win a division). In this format, they'll have to burn an ace in a one game playoff. Makes things a little more exciting at the end of the season and gives some leverage to the division winners. I can live with it.
    I don't think the format has been decided yet.

This looks like the "get Yankees and Red Sox in the playoffs every year" rule IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Big names generate revenue. Revenue is used to get more players and sign other players to extensions. This helps teams to win. It is a business and all.
    Winning generates revenue more than anything else, and I know you know that big names are not the smartest way to win. If you can't win, big names are the next best thing I guess. The New York Rangers were the poster children for this for years before bottoming out and collecting draft picks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    New unis for the Jays. I like 'em.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!