Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I don't quite get that Bell contract. It's not terrible (though I think Miami took too much of a risk) but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for either side. Bell said he wanted to stay on the West Coast and had a similar deal (with more annual value and one less year) with the Padres and Miami didn't exactly make a splash when it comes to bringing in a big name player. Oh well, I look forward to this guy shutting the Phillies down several times this year.
    Heath Bell might not be a "big name player", just because he plays in San Diego, but he does have the most saves in the National League over the last three years.

Plus, considering that the Dodgers are paying Matt Guerrier $4.75 million the next two years, to pitch the 7th inning, I'd say Heath Bell is worth 9 million.

Oh, and that Ozzie quote is amazing!

2. Oh, and can any Mets fan clue me in on how horrible Chris Capuano will be for the Dodgers? To me it looks like more dumpster diving on Ned Colleti's part.

3. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Oh, and can any Mets fan clue me in on how horrible Chris Capuano will be for the Dodgers? To me it looks like more dumpster diving on Ned Colleti's part.
    I remember him being alright in 2011. He wasn't great, but was far from being bad.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

4. Capuano is fine for what he is. A solid #4/5. He didn't go deep in games at all for the Mets. Usually looked good for 5 innings and then tanks.

Pedro Martinez officially retires. He was amazing ...until he became a met. lol Well he had one great year for the Mets anyways. :P

5. Jays deal for a backup catcher! WOOO! Let the tidal wave of offseason moves commence!

6. On the surface, Bell to Miami for 9 million a year does strike me as odd. I know they're looking to spend more money now, but I would think that if anything they'd put that money on players that affect games more. I understand the importance of having a good closer, but it's also been shown that it's easy to get one that is competent.

It's possible that I am underestimating how much that Miami is increasing their payroll.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 04 Dec 2011 at 11:56 AM.

7. Today in total bullshit: Fielder has narrowed his choice down to three teams: Texas, Brewers, and Toronto.

Yeah. Fucking. Right.

8. he'll get more money out of toronto than anywhere else so why wouldn't he

9. Reyes signs for the Marlins. 6 years and 106 million.

Ugh. Where's my flask.

10. I'd respect the hell out of Fielder if he stayed in Milwaukee. Sure it may be a few million less but when you make 20 million a season does it really matter?