Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    he'll get more money out of toronto than anywhere else so why wouldn't he
    He would, but he's not going to. Signing Fielder doesn't fit with the Silent Assassin's MO.

2. Jose Reyes to the Marlins for 6 years/$106 million. ah well.. Hanley Ramirez agrees to play third to make the Reyes deal happen.

The Ruben Tejeda era begins next year in Flushing. Citi Field will be a ghost town next season. Fucking broke ass janky team. THEY STILL OWE MLB 25 MILLION BUCKS. The Mets are a joke but whats new.

I hope Sandy Alderson and the Wilpons enjoy the lashing they'll get. I'm pissed now. Fucking Mickey Mouse organization. The fans and media will tear this team a new asshole. Can't even top the Marlins.
    Last edited by raystorm; 05 Dec 2011 at 12:31 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    He would, but he's not going to. Signing Fielder doesn't fit with the Silent Assassin's MO.
    The silent assassin's mo just got the shaft thanks to the new collective bargaining deal, so he might be willing to look elsewhere. and just because he hasn't gone out and signed someone before doesn't mean he won't. they've said there is up to 50 million dollars in the budget that they are willing to spend if the time is right.

Besides, Pat Gillick used to be known as Stand Pat because of his refusal to make deals that would put his team seemingly over the top. And then when he did pull the trigger, bam, 2 world series. So I think you should not outright refuse the concept of Anthopolous doing this. If he thinks its time, or if he thinks Fielder will be one more key piece, then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Jose Reyes to the Marlins for 6 years/$106 million. ah well.. Hanley Ramirez agrees to play third to make the Reyes deal happen.

The Ruben Tejeda era begins next year in Flushing. Citi Field will be a ghost town next season. Fucking broke ass janky team. THEY STILL OWE MLB 25 MILLION BUCKS. The Mets are a joke but whats new.

I hope Sandy Alderson and the Wilpons enjoy the lashing they'll get. I'm pissed now. Fucking Mickey Mouse organization. The fans and media will tear this team a new asshole. Can't even top the Marlins.
    On the up side, I just saved $150 on the baseball package next year. Whatever category of hatred is right below Michael Vick now contains Jose Reyes. I don't want him to die on the field like Vick, but I'd cheer a career ending injury, a la Eric Lindros.

5. I don't know why you would hate him.

He just wants to get paid. It's just business.

BTW Marlins are going after Pujols now.

6. The Mets are broke. They were never going to match the Marlins so I can't kill Jose on this. I wish I knew what Sandy's plan is for this franchise. The Mets may actually have the lowest payroll in the division next season. LOL

The Marlins are supposedly going to go after Pujols big time now. I don't see Albert leaving his comfort zone in St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't know why you would hate him.

He just wants to get paid. It's just business.
    It's just ego. The guy has more money already than he could ever spend, assuming he's been even remotely intelligent about it. So he wants the bigger number next to his name for ego purposes. And I hope he collects every dime from the Marlins while watching games on TV with his hamstrings hanging on the wall.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It's just ego. The guy has more money already than he could ever spend, assuming he's been even remotely intelligent about it. So he wants the bigger number next to his name for ego purposes. And I hope he collects every dime from the Marlins while watching games on TV with his hamstrings hanging on the wall.
    You are nuts. Athletes have the smallest window to maximize their earnings. If owners want to overpay the guy, so be it. I don't blame him for taking the highest money, most people would have done the same.

9. The Mets never made a counter offer. Nothing! They just told Jose's agent where they were financially and thats that. If the Mets made an offer it probably would have been topped by the Marlins who are looking very aggressive this offseason but they didn't even bother. In fact, it seems like the Marlins were the only team to make an offer. Maybe Jose wanted to play in Miami.
    Last edited by raystorm; 05 Dec 2011 at 11:01 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I assume you know a little about money. And the career arc of these guys.

What do you think the max the Mets could have paid him was? I'll go out on a limb and say 4 years $60 million. Max. That is probably optimistic. And then 4 years from now he could maybe get another 3 years at $10 million. Something like that.

Yea $60 million is a lot. He's one of the .01% earners in America even with that. But if he is worth $106 million over 6 years, and someone is willing to pay him that, why WOULDN'T he.

Soon (7-10 years) he will be out of baseball with absolutely no skills applicable outside of the diamond. I would say that, in that position, that extra cash is a nice thing to have.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 05 Dec 2011 at 11:04 AM.