Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. The Marlins offered Pujols a contract worth $220 million! wtf Marlins are going nuts!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.987775

Rumors out there that the Cardinals have upped their offer to Pujols with a 10 year deal. Also, a mystery team (Cubs?) offered Albert a similar deal. There is talk that Pujols will make his decision soon.

Mets reportedly signed Chewbacca (Jon Rauch) to a one year deal to close games up. yippee
    Last edited by raystorm; 06 Dec 2011 at 08:52 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    The Marlins offered Pujols a contract worth $220 million! wtf Marlins are going nuts!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.987775

Rumors out there that the Cardinals have upped their offer to Pujols with a 10 year deal. Also, a mystery team (Cubs?) offered Albert a similar deal. There is talk that Pujols will make his decision soon.

Mets reportedly signed Chewbacca (Jon Rauch) to a one year deal to close games up. yippee
    Pujols: Awesome. I wonder how the taxpayers of Miami feel about this offer.

Rauch: My word.

Edit: Oh god, do I love this quote from Jays manager John Farrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Jays Fans
    When asked if Lind was still his clean-up hitter, Farrell answered in the affirmative, but without enthusiasm: 'Yeah, Yeah. Unless something….somebody else comes along.' "
    Ringing endorsement.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 06 Dec 2011 at 09:17 PM.

3. Mets sign reliever Frank Francisco to a 2 year/$12 million to be the new closer with Chewbacca setting him up. They also send the Angel Pagan to the San Francicso Giants for Ramon Ramirez and Andres Torres.

4. What the shit? Really!?!?

Big Frank and Cobra Commander (look at those snake eyes!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Jays
    ...apparently nobody in the Mets front office watched a single fucking Toronto Blue Jays game last year...
    Edit: TWELVE MILLION?!

Quote Originally Posted by Some commenter
    This is silly. Is JP Riccardi so lazy that he watches what AA did last year & just signs players who the Jays rejected?
    Pfft. Whatever. Draft picks.

Also: Nobody wants David Ortiz. Why? Probably the draft pick they'd have to give up.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 06 Dec 2011 at 10:57 PM.

5. Raystorm: Thoughts?

Still with us?

6. I can't wait for the Marlins to finish buying their team, to win the World Series this year, and then dismantle the entire team next year. They're very good at doing that.

7. meh..don't care for Francisco, Rauch is ok as a set up guy and Ramirez is a fine arm. Angel Pagan is a very stupid baseball player or as Keith Hernandez likes to say..rockhead! $12 mil for Frank is way too much.

..wait a sec..just realized that the Mets just got sloppy seconds from the Jays. ITS JP'S NOSE'S FAULT!

8. i wish we got rauch like three years ago when we needed a bullpen arm and WE HAD A FUCKING CHANCE TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS

i once sat in left field and watched angel pagan get thrown out at third base for the third out twice in the same game. peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Looks like there is no mystery team bidding for Pujols. Its the Cards or Marlins and Albert will decide soon.

Not sure if anyone here read about it but the Feds are investigating the finances involved in the Marlins stadium deal.

SEC probe on new Marlins stadium

lol NY Daily News back cover makes fun of the Mets moves.
    Last edited by raystorm; 07 Dec 2011 at 07:58 AM.

That's an awesome cover.

I hope Jeffrey Lurie gets locked up somehow.