Page 1 of 35 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

1. Official 2011-2012 MLB Hot Stove Thread

I was waiting to see if anyone else would start a hot stove thread but since no one did I figure why not create one..

Lots of news that the Marlins are serious players for Jose Reyes and want some additional star power to join Hanley (Jose's best pal) at their new stadium. The Brewers will probably talk to Reyes as well if they determine that Prince Fielder is a goner for sure. I figure the Mets will do very little this offseason as they haven't even paid MLB back the 25 mil they borrowed earlier this year. LOL

ok..some other news.

Cards will interview Terry Francona soon.

No news on Albert Pujols.

Japanese League phenom Yu Darvish hasn't decided if he wants to pitch in the majors next season.

Phillies sign Jim Thome and has talked to Jonathan Papelbon.

If Reyes signs with the Marlins, I hope his hamstring rips out of his leg and strangles him.

3. Sign with the Marlins? Sounds like a dumb idea. Unless they are planning to load up for another World Series.

I'm not foolish enough to pay for ESPN Insider, but that's the rumor they're spreading.

5. It'd make sense, I guess - 1997, 2003, and now it's 2011. And they have a new stadium coming, right?

Could do a lot worse than Reyes.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not foolish enough to pay for ESPN Insider, but that's the rumor they're spreading.
    THEY ARE THE WORST!

I'm actually really excited for this off-season. I really want to see what AA does.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 08 Nov 2011 at 06:44 PM.

7. Phillies and Ryan Madson agree on a 4 year/$44 million contract pending general partner approval. (edit: Still nothing official..second thoughts maybe?)

The Marlins are rumored to be offering Jose Reyes a 3 year contract with a high annual salary.
    Last edited by raystorm; 09 Nov 2011 at 02:18 PM.

8. Natinals catcher Wilson Ramos was kidnapped in his native Venezuela. A common thing in Venezuela. Former Met Henry Blanco's brother was kidnapped and murdered in Venezuela a few years ago. I understand the whole family thing but if you are making money in the majors you should really tell your family that its moving time.

Jorge Posada has said that he doesn't expect to be with the Yanks next season. Well duh..
    Last edited by raystorm; 09 Nov 2011 at 08:58 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Phillies and Ryan Madson agree on a 4 year/$44 million contract pending general partner approval. (edit: Still nothing official..second thoughts maybe?)

The Marlins are rumored to be offering Jose Reyes a 3 year contract with a high annual salary.
    It's still going on. Apparently the CEO Montgomery is unsure about endorsing the deal. I think it a little risky that the Phillies are going out this early and altering the closers market (especially if they may have been able to get somebody like Pablebon for cheaper). One thing is for sure, if Madson is signed to that contract; it'll jack the prices up on the other closers.

No news on the Michael Cuddyer market either. I don't know how I feel about them pulling him in, but it could make a lot of sense. I'd rather have Aramis Ramirez but I fear his contract may not be worth it in the latter half.

Also, they need to figure out what's going on with Rollins so they can sign Reyes (Yoshi's best dream) if Rollins goes elsewhere. I'd be a little skeptical about bringing on Reyes for a big dollar amount, but if they lose Rollins, there's not many other options.

Edit: Just read about Ramos. I'm surprised it's not headline news (yet). I sure hope he makes it out of his situation in good health.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Also, they need to figure out what's going on with Rollins so they can sign Reyes (Yoshi's best dream) if Rollins goes elsewhere.
    Yeah, instead of the fate described above for a Marlin deal, a deal with the Phillies could only be paid back with his hamstring pulling his balls out through the back of his leg and then causing bleeding to death as slowly as possible. He'd enter whatever the hate category is below Michael Vick.