View Poll Results: How Much Have You Borrowed?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0-$500

15 50.00%
  • $501-$1500

5 16.67%
  • $1501-$2500

5 16.67%
  • $2500 or more

1 3.33%
  • Neither a lender nore borrower be

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What's The Most Money You've Owed Someone?

1. What's The Most Money You've Owed Someone?

I'm sure everyone has had life throw them a series of curve balls and they've found themselves a day late and a dollar short, especially the way the economy has been the last few years.
    What's the most you've ever had to borrow from someone in order to make ends meet?
    I'm not talking about mortgages or car payments. I mean like having to hit up a friend or family member or watch your shit get foreclosed or repossessed.
    Or may be you've been that friend or family member who gets hit up. I've been there, and it's really uncomfortable. You don't want to say no, but eleven times out of ten you know you'll never see that money again.

2. Probably 2000 dollars.

3. If I lend it out to a friend, it's theirs to keep. I never expect to see that money again. I don't borrow money from friends, i just ask my dad :/
    Last edited by Satsuki; 09 Nov 2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: yeah i'm a teenager
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I don't owe anything. I'm debt free and spend within my limits. It's tacky to borrow from anyone let alone friends or Family. I'm the loaner.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I don't borrow money from friends, i just ask my dad :/
    Typical JAP

6. Can a mod remove that e from the end of "nore" please?

7. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Typical JAP
    proudly and absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. When I was first married we were living in a duplex and the neighbors burnt the fucker down. The landlord was being a cunt about giving back the security deposit and I wasn't ready to instantly throw down first month, last month, and security deposit on a new place. I had to borrow from my mom. I don't think I ever paid her back, but being that I've kids I'm positive it well get paid forward.

9. I'm the one people borrow money from. The only time I've ever taken some help was when an ex-girlfriend had me live in her mother's apartment instead of on campus benches. I don't like borrowing money and if I'm ever that tight for cash I use my credit card. It's what it's there for, anyway.

10. I almost never borrow money as a point of pride, but I did borrow like a month's rent (around $500) from my mom once, and smaller amounts (less than $100) a few other times.

I would never borrow money from a friend unless I knew exactly when I could pay it back. Most I've ever borrowed from a friend was like $75 and I paid it back 4 or 5 days later.

I definitely lend more money than I borrow. I have one friend in particular who is really struggling and I regularly lend money to. I sometimes (ok, most of the time) have to get repaid in food stamps, but I don't mind, since I have to eat anyway.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 Nov 2011 at 03:40 PM.