Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

1. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    so basically, what you are recommending. spend the extra 60 bucks. get a i5 4670, that comes with a free overclock to 4gig from 3.4. with the gtx 760, and ill be good for a cool minute?
    Yes!

You'll have a CPU that does everything well vs. buying an AMD CPU that is at its best for heavily threaded apps. AMD would been better served in making a better version of the Phenom arcitecture, but instead they went with something that they could bin to reduce manufacturing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yes!

You'll have a CPU that does everything well vs. buying an AMD CPU that is at its best for heavily threaded apps. AMD would been better served in making a better version of the Phenom arcitecture, but instead they went with something that they could bin to reduce manufacturing costs.

In the immortal words of Ice T.

"Word!"
    Last edited by JBNagis; 10 Feb 2014 at 03:47 PM.

just put my order in.im excited as fuck.

Thanks for reminding me about Ice-T. Time to listen to Analog Brothers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    just put my order in.im excited as fuck.
    Throw up some pics, after you get it setup.

word bond
    whats great is i get to bring out my 1000 watt thx rated computer speakers. has a nice 12'' sub with it. 6.1 sound.

7. Question for you guys cuz you know more than me:

I'm looking to finally get a laptop, mainly for everyday computer stuff with a side of gaming and possibly getting into streaming or at least recording games in HD and uploading them, and maybe some Photoshop stuff too. I'm looking to spend about $5-600, and obviously would like it to have as nice and big a display as possible. I really don't know about the insides, and thus I ask you people in know what would be my best option?

8. Go here and ask: http://www.reddit.com/r/suggestalaptop

For that price, you'd be limited to a integrated GPU, which is basically "acceptable" for gaming, you could play indie crap or low-end 3D games but not much. You would also have to tack on the money for a game capture card, obviously.

9. It's a bit of a stretch to call integrated video acceptable for gaming, but at least the GPU is pretty much irrelevant for emulation.

10. Yeah, a decent gaming laptop will set you back at least $1K.

You might want to check out these gaming laptops for under $600.

http://allgaminglaptops.com/best-gam...ops-under-600/
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Feb 2014 at 11:06 PM.