Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

I thought Newegg prices were fine, too, until I realized that I was comparing them to the last time I bought a hard drive years ago.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    no they don't

I paid 80 bucks for this drive not 8 months ago
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeit

I'd wait.

3. So whats the best place to buy PC parts from? Newegg? Amazon? eBay? Looking for a graphics card and an internal hd.

Any recommendations for a graphics card? Looking to just run MW3 pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

4. Probably Newegg or Microcenter, possibly Fry's.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    So whats the best place to buy PC parts from? Newegg? Amazon? eBay? Looking for a graphics card and an internal hd.

Any recommendations for a graphics card? Looking to just run MW3 pretty much.
    You might try your local Craig's list. People are selling PC parts at really cheap prices.

The Fry's locations in my area don't have a large selection and what they do have is double what I'd paid just a year ago. You can check for local availability here,
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Dec 2011 at 09:51 PM.

6. LOTS of Fry's and other retail locations are very short on Processors right now for fuck knows why.

I COULD NOT get an i3, i5, i7 or any AMD dual core or more recent from a Frys in southern California right now, this is not an exxageration. Order from Newegg or Tiger Direct. I prefer Newegg.

7. You should try a Microcenter if there's one in your area. Prices on cpu's tend to be better than Newegg.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    You should try a Microcenter if there's one in your area. Prices on cpu's tend to be better than Newegg.
    Microcenter is expensive compared to Fry's or Tiger Direct stores. Their videocard prices are almost as high as Best Buy.

I've seen a nice selection of CPUs at the local Tiger Direct stores.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Dec 2011 at 10:56 PM.

9. I didn't say anything about their videocard prices. Some stuff they are high on, but they've had the i5 2500k and i7 2600k, and a few other processors for about 70 bucks cheaper than any where else for a good 6 + months now.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I didn't say anything about their videocard prices. Some stuff they are high on, but they've had the i5 2500k and i7 2600k, and a few other processors for about 70 bucks cheaper than any where else for a good 6 + months now.
    You're right. Fry's has been selling the i5-2500k @ $219 for several months now. Microcenter is selling it for $179.