Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

1. MICROCENTER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm actually finally going to build the rest of my system with my tax return, myself!

What's the killer video card the kids all like nowadays?

2. Yeah Ivy Bridge, if I remember right is supposed to only be like a 20 - 25% increase over SB. If you get a really good quality power supply then I would imagine something in the 500 - 600 watt range should be enough with a 460.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    What's the killer video card the kids all like nowadays?
    I usually get what Tom's says http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3107.html

Is that a good ahhhh microcenter or a bad ahhhh microcenter?

4. AHHHH as in I used to work there.

I pray you never have to wait on a return line.

Also, that's EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks!

5. Wow, Tom's seems to heavily favor Radeon. Weird.

I always thought nVidia was a lot better.

6. Things go back and forth, some time Nvidia has the better card, some times AMD.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

The nvidia 680 is the best card out there right now by quite a margin. It's brand new, but read the reviews.

I have not had any power issues with a 550W PSU and my 460GTX.

8. My current power supply is 400w and I was using it with my phenom and GTX460, but maybe that's why my computer doesn't work anymore. Sounds like I need to step up.

9. I haven't had a power supply that low in years, it could make a world of difference for you.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The nvidia 680 is the best card out there right now by quite a margin. It's brand new, but read the reviews.
    It's also $500. Should be interesting to see what the lower-end cards are with that tech.

Are these expensive video cards even necessary anymore? All the games are coded to 2005 hardware.