Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 91101103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1075

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

1. Interesting choice of case, gamevet.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Interesting choice of case, gamevet.
    I've had this Corsair Air 540 for quite awhile now. I love it, because it has so much airflow and there's tons of room on the backside for SSDs and RGB hubs. I have an older Corsair full tower in the living room, and it just never had enough airflow to keep my graphics cards cool.

finally....FINALLY after a year of my asking for advice i can start actually getting my parts.....life sucks. dont get married and have kids than get divorced. not fun. But im starting with the gigabyte z590 auros master. than getting my memory 32gb, and im not sure if i shoudl get a 2tb nvme, or 2 1tb incase one of them fails? what woudl ya'll suggest

4. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    finally....FINALLY after a year of my asking for advice i can start actually getting my parts.....life sucks. dont get married and have kids than get divorced. not fun. But im starting with the gigabyte z590 auros master. than getting my memory 32gb, and im not sure if i shoudl get a 2tb nvme, or 2 1tb incase one of them fails? what woudl ya'll suggest
    Why Z590? You can get really good deals on 12th gen CPUs and Z690 motherboards.

Just put this 4TB M.2 drive in there and be done with it. Be sure to put it in the PCIe-gen3 slot, just in case you feel the need to get a Gen4 NVME drive later. A reliable SSD will outlast a mechanical HDD by 200%. I've yet to have one fail on me.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/crucial...?skuId=6509716

Honestly, just still going on the advice you gave me last time. Z590 was the recommendation. But I did find some 690s with good pricing. Thank you again

6. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Honestly, just still going on the advice you gave me last time. Z590 was the recommendation. But I did find some 690s with good pricing. Thank you again
    A lot has changed in the last year. Ryzen 5 5600 CPUs are dirt cheap and Intel's 12th gen has had serious markdowns, because of the slowdown in sales. Intel and AMD are seriously cutting prices on their last gen hardware, so they can clear them out.

This is an awesome deal, if you have a Microcenter near you.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...herboard-combo
    Last edited by gamevet; 03 Apr 2023 at 01:12 AM.

No. Microcenter, I'm in Florida now,but amazon has these microcenter bundles listed. I'll probably look into one. It's a really good deal.

8. Hey, being as this is one of the few threads on this board that still gets some action, I was wondering if any of you real smart guys could tell me your honest opinion of this laptop, especially at this price point.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gf6...?skuId=6537557

I'll be using it for work (mostly writing), gaming (I'd like to play some modern stuff but 1080 max is fine, I don't need that 4K shit), and some audio/video editing. Is this a good laptop for all that, and if not, any recommendations on something in the same price range ($1,000) that might give me more bang for the buck? I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to hardware.

Thanks in advance! *smooch*

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. The video card is going to be pretty limited, with just 4GB of VRAM. It'll play Doom Eternal, The Witcher and such. But don't expect it to run Resident Evil 4 Remake. That game is a memory hog!

It would be nice if it had a thunderbolt port, for some fast portable storage. 1 TB won't last long in this day and age.

I'm liking this one a little bit more. It has another M.2 slot for an additional NVME drive. The 12th gen processor is way better than the 11800H, with a better process node. The 3060 has 6GB of GDDR6 and a little more horse power.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-4-70-ghz.html
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Apr 2023 at 08:38 PM.

10. Not really looking to build a system, just looking for a laptop that will be reasonably well-powered for around a grand.