Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8999101102103104105107 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1075

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

1. Here's another thing to consider, for those looking for a good bang for the buck. AMD just dropped the prices of their 5000 series CPUs. You can get the Ryzen 5 5600X for $150 from MicroCenter. They have a motherboard and 5600x bundle for $329. And that's a good board.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...herboard-combo
    Last edited by gamevet; 07 Sep 2022 at 08:35 PM.

2. That is tempting! Definitely something to consider when I am ready to purchase in a few months.

3. EVGA says: We're out.
    This is nuts. I think all but the first GPU I have owned is from EVGA.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    EVGA says: We're out.
    This is like Asus leaving Intel. My last 4 graphics card were from EVGA, until I got an Asus Strix 3060 Ti in February to hold me over with the 4K television, while waiting for card prices to came down. I’m hoping to pick up a 12GB 3080 FTW or the Ti from them soon. I’m definitely getting their last line of GPUs.

Steve (from Gamer's Nexus) does a great job of guessing why the breakup happened.

Last edited by gamevet; 16 Sep 2022 at 09:53 PM.

5. Unfortunate. My favorite gpu makers for a long long time.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    EVGA says: We're out.
    EVGA attached this graph to their letter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. haha, nice

8. So, a PC build I did on the cheap for a friend (my old 2500K rig) decided to have something fail on the MB (or CPU) causing the graphics card to run at near zero cycles. I'm thinking that the PCI-E slots weren't delivering power to the Graphics card. The machine was built in June of 2020 and it managed to last 2 years and 3 months. I offered to help him with building a PC using modern gear. It's the perfect time. DDR4 is starting to wind down and Intel and AMD are bringing their nest gen CPUs using DDR5/PCIE-5 boards this year. AMDs 5000 series CPUs and their motherboards are getting discounts. The R5 5600 was dropped down to $149 and the 5600X to $179. Today I picked up the MSI B550 Tomahawk Wifi for $159, along with the $149 5600.

This is a look at an older version of the board. It'll run the Samsung EVO 980 NVME SSD like a champ. That's the recommended NVME drive for the PS5 storage drive expansion.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...tx-motherboard

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...ooler-included

I was looking at the $50 kits of 16 GB RAM and the only decent ones were in the mid $70 range. I've been looking to upgrade to higher speed RAM for my i9-9900K rig, since I've been running 32GB of DDR4-3200 CL16 and have been wanting to replace it over the past year, as faster RAM had substantially dropped. I ended up buying an open box (it doesn't look like it was ever opened) of Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM for $124. I'd saved $40 on what was pretty much a new set of RAM.

The RGB syncs up with Corsair's iCue led lighting hub, which also sync up with my ROG Strix motherboard. I gotta say though. I'm beginning to believe that Corsair is one of the best, if not the best, all around PC part suppliers on the market. I just plugged these RAM sticks in the board, I power it up and it only cycles twice. I go into the Bios and the RAM is already set in XMP. That was the easiest RAM installation I've experienced in quite some time.

Here's the G.SKill Ripjaws RAM that is currently in my rig. It's pretty much a top brand in PC RAM. He's going to get a great price on it and it blend in well with the color of the board.

Last edited by gamevet; 03 Oct 2022 at 11:33 PM.

9. I just had to post this here. Asrock has released a Z790 Intel board, with a Sonic theme to celebrate the release of Sonic Frontiers.

https://www.newegg.com/p/13-162-101

Last edited by gamevet; 29 Nov 2022 at 06:05 PM.

10. New computer is built, after some headaches, and I'm doing all the software side as we speak. Posting this from it now! What are the specs?

13th Generation i9 13900K
    128GB of Corsair Vengance 5200MHz DDR5
    EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080
    2 TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SDD (3 of these)
    ASUS Prime Z690-A LGA 1700(Intel 12th) ATX Motherboard
    Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM1000x, 1000 Watt
    Corsair iCUE H150i RGB Elite Liquid CPU Cooler
    Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW Full-Tower ATX PC Case, Black

So what was the headache? The Motherboard can support the Processor I bought IF it has one of the last 3 BIOS Updates, and of course really you want the newest version. My board came with the BIOS the board originally launched with, so it couldn't support my processor. Now I know what you're thinking, update the BIOS. Yeah, but you can't get into the BIOS without the processor being supported and this board doesn't have the fancy push button BIOS update feature some of the ROG boards have. So I have to order the cheapest 12th Gen processor I could, set it up just to update the BIOS, and then swap everything back.

But I did it, and everything is working, and nothing will ever be the same again. 4K Cyberpunk on my 65in LED TV is on the menu boys!
    Last edited by Opaque; 04 Dec 2022 at 10:52 AM.