Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 94104106107108
Results 1,071 to 1,075 of 1075

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

Maaaaan.....finally got everything going. Got my flashdrive, but it wasn't fat32. Nor formatted. Had to replug in my old system to format it and change it to a fat32 format. Finally updated bios. Wouldn't boot to windows. Did digging and uefi only boots with W11, and I had W10. And for some reason I kept missing the CSM.options in bios. But I finally got it. At least I know.what I need to do next time. Gotta love it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    Maaaaan.....finally got everything going. Got my flashdrive, but it wasn't fat32. Nor formatted. Had to replug in my old system to format it and change it to a fat32 format. Finally updated bios. Wouldn't boot to windows. Did digging and uefi only boots with W11, and I had W10. And for some reason I kept missing the CSM.options in bios. But I finally got it. At least I know.what I need to do next time. Gotta love it.
    That makes it all the more rewarding. There's a different kind of ownership when you build your own PC.

Congrats!

It felt so good seeing that windows logo pop up finally. I remember i bought this pc pre built from ironsides. and i was really happy. But youre right. there is something somethign different when you build it and figure shit out yourself.

so in about a month or 2, i'll be able to finish this round of upgrades for my compt. 2tb evo 980, a new air cooler. probably a assassin 3 or 4, mainly cus it looks cool. and im torn between a 3060 and a 6700xt. the xt is maybe about 30 to 50 bucks cheaper. not big enough of a gap to choose it over the 3060 if the rtx is a better choice. any suggestions?

5. The 3060 supports DLSS and light Ray Tracing. Other than that, it’s a weaker card than the 6700 XT. I wouldn’t use a 3060 for anything beyond 1080p.