Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramen

1. There's a delicious place next to my mechanic. I get excited when my car needs fixin'.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    lol, I'd lay dimes to dollars that there is not a single ramen restaurant in MS
    I was not even aware that such restaurants existed until this thread.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. I have an entire magazine devoted to ramen.

I've never actually eaten at a ramen joint - they're not common around here.

I make a pretty solid bowl of it on my own. Can't account for its authenticity or comparative analysis though.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. There's a very good place just a few miles from me that I eat at occasionally. The first ever real bowl of Ramen I had though was during the New York get together; it's a very memorable moment for me mainly because of the waiter I was talking to the whole time. But it's very good stuff.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I have an entire magazine devoted to ramen.

I've never actually eaten at a ramen joint - they're not common around here.

I make a pretty solid bowl of it on my own. Can't account for its authenticity or comparative analysis though.
    I have this magazine, it is very well put together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Spicy or nothing.

7. That movie in the first post was such a horrible horrible remake of Tampopo.

Watching it made me so angry, cause Tampopo is so wonderful.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

She's dead too.

9. Mmmm.... ramen! Instant Roast Beef flavor, use the packet, add a load of other spices, 2 eggs, several strips of beef, and a half dozen small cheese ravioli. It's perfect dinner.

I realize it doesn't sound like the ingredients should hang together well, and it's the utter opposite of authentic, but it's tasty as hell.

James

10. Where do you go in SF YellerDog? There's a couple of joints by my place in the Sunset but nothing to write home about. I need somewhere to convince me that ramen is better than pho, cuz to me pho totally kicks its ass...