Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops Desclassified (PSV)

Call of Duty: Black Ops Desclassified (PSV)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified will be included in a special PlayStation Vita bundle, Sony Europe president Jim Ryan revealed at Sony's Gamescom press conference. The bundle will include a Vita, a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified and a pouch. Presumably the bundle will launch alongside Declassified this November. The price was not announced.

Declassified will take place between Call of Duty: Black Ops and the upcoming Black Ops 2. It will feature singe-player content as well as 4-on-4 multiplayer, featuring maps built specifically for Vita and familiar modes like Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed.
    Link

This seems like a smart bundle. With the 3DS lineup this fall seemingly weakening by the day and the Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Vita bundles, this seems like Sony's best chance to close the gap.

2. This game looks like total shit.

3. Vita is dead. The market has decided that there is no place for a high end games portable. It decided this even in the PSP era and now smartphones are a lot more ubiquitous.

If someone can make a good smartphone with actual controls, that might have a chance. But probably not with 40 dollar games.

4. There was one, it bombed harder than Vita.

5. That Sony one that played PS1 games?

That was grossly underpowered, which is what kept me from buying it. It had a single core CPU after many Android phones had moved to dual core, for example. I think Joust is right about the future, but I also think there is room for the Vita to squeeze a nice marketshare as the last of its kind before the smartphones completely snuff out dedicated portables.

7. I just don't see smartphones with controls ever catching on. I think smartphone games are the future, but they will be smartphone games like the ones we have now, designed for phones without buttons. Take it or leave it.

I know the Vita won't have a glorious future but it's still disappointing because we have portable hardware that can legitimately do real games really well. That's not good enough anymore.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 15 Aug 2012 at 10:24 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    This game looks like total shit.
    Yes it does. Shame this was farmed out to Nihilistic, developer of Resistance: Burning Skies among other outstanding games.

4v4 team MP doesn't excite much. I think they can still salvage this if it also features 8-player free-for-all-type online competitive modes, that could still work well within limitations (whether it be the hardware or the developer).

It's not my bag personally, I would much rather see Borderlands 2 and Syndicate on the Vita instead. Having those great 4-player online co-op games on the Vita seems way more fun imo, and Borderlands 2 in particular seems almost perfect for the Vita with its art style and maybe a few slight tweaks to the UI.

The trailer for Killzone Mercenary for Vita was also shown yesterday, and did look leagues better, although I'm waiting to see if actual gameplay looks the same.

9. I really liked Conan, but it was a 6/10 at best.

Okay, so I have a few months to make a photoshop of Carl Winslow with a Vita.