Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: "I'm Staring at the Future of Gaming"

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Speaking of, I knew X-Men: Children of the Atom was going to mean something...
    I hated how Storm's super was done with the start button. But as an engine this game was a success.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    My guess is that most of the people that gushed over Goldeneye, didn't own the other 2 consoles. My N64 got dusted off for a couple of good games a year, then got shoved aside so I could enjoy the better stuff on Saturn and Playstation. I was not impressed with Goldeneye.
    Agreed but I had friends that went nuts over the fact that it was built in 4 player mode. That was HUGE.

3. Most people that got into goldeneye didn't play PC games. They didn't know "what they were missing" on the other side of the fence. It was a whole new world for a console FPS. Low cost of entry multiplayer (just needed enough controllers) with unbelievable options and modifiers for a system that had no access to expansion packs or downloadable mods. The campaign lasted forever too with difficulty options that completely changed levels and unlocked stuff for multi. That game had it all.

I'd much rather play single player Goldeneye than Quake 2 any day of the week. Even multiplayer offered a vastly different experience that was a lot of fun. Who cares?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. I could never get past that hilarious controller.

6. FPS on consoles were a much different animal then, people don't remember the draw to the whole game I guess. It set new standards for content. I wouldn't play GE now, but good lord when it came out all hell broke loose. Halo before Halo was out.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I'd much rather play single player Goldeneye than Quake 2 any day of the week. Even multiplayer offered a vastly different experience that was a lot of fun. Who cares?
    Quake 2 is bad though. Let's try that with Half Life or something.

8. That's a bad comparison, Half-life was a year later.
    Powerslave was a better console single player game. Quake and Quake 2 were better multiplayer games by a HUGE margin.

That said, i completely understand and would agree with people that say Goldeneye was "the future of gaming", even if it sucked (much like most console shooters nowadays)

9. Goldeneye had sticky mines, that was the only thing worth a damn in the entire game for single or multiplayer. The rest of it was slow, terrible bullshit and the singleplayer relied too much on magic spawn closets.

That said, this horse has been beaten a million times before. Lets discuss other games now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Powerslave was a better console single player game. Quake and Quake 2 were better multiplayer games by a HUGE margin.
    Powerslave was awesome. Why can't I buy that at GOG?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.