Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'm Staring at the Future of Gaming"

1. My heart raced the first time I played Mario 64 and hasn't stopped since, primarily due to weight gain. I also remember being at a friend's house for the PSX's launch, mouth agape as the super high resolution introductory text appeared on the screen. It sounds silly, but I had therefore been spending hundreds of hours reading SNES RPG text; the difference was jarring.

2. Street Fighter II changed my life. It still has an impact on me to this day and probably will until the day I die.

3. I agree, but back when it was SF2 and MK, MK blew me away with its digitized graphics and especially its sound. Raiden's thunder sound effect was insane!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Street Fighter II changed my life. It still has an impact on me to this day and probably will until the day I die.
    After IIDX, playing SFII at arcades back in the day is probably the most fun I've had to date with games.

Nothing beats Mario 64 for the "wow" factor, though. And that was after many, many months of unprecedented hype. Still delivered and then some. I just couldn't believe how much freedom I had, how huge the world seemed, how utterly delightful it felt just to run/jump around, climb trees, etc. So weird how we adapt to everything. The wonder all but totally evaporates and we're taking it all for granted before we know it.

5. Mario64 to this day still impresses me with what it accomplished.

6. The 64 system was a win in so many ways.

7. Nostalgia has blinded the shit out of you guys. Blurry ass graphics on top of the sub par textures. Audio 98% of the time was awful due to having to be compressed down to nothing thanks to the cartridge format. Just about any game not made by Nintendo was probably not worth getting, but in the Rare case that it was, it cost eighty fucking dollars.

8. Sonic the Hedgehog, Street Fighter 2, Wolfenstien 3D, Killer Instinct, and Papyrus's NASCAR Racing all stood out to me as holy-crap-future games at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Never, ever liked the N64. When it became obvious it wasn't going to be the Ultra 64 'experience' at home, the bloom fell off the rose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. I still haven't played enough games to collectively add up to the hours I spent playing Goldeneye so, yeah N64 was amazing at least for me and everyone I knew that played video games at the time.