Thread: Space Quest 2 Remake Released

1. Space Quest 2 Remake Released

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/sq2/index.php

Free!

Oh man, I've been waiting for this for years. I love Space Quest to death but I could never get into the earliest Sierra games so I still haven't played this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sq2sshot1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	64164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SQ2sshot2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	64165  

2. Nice. I've played all of the Space Quests front-to-back, but it's been a long time since I went through II, and it was good, so I'll have to give this a go.

It looks pretty consistent with the official SQ1 point-and-click remake, too.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 31 Dec 2011 at 06:59 PM.

3. Advice: TURN OFF THE VOICES

I would sell my soul to have the Space Quest 4 narrator back for this. Is he still alive?

4. That would be Garry Owens, the old announcer from Laugh In. As far as I know he's alive, but he's gotta be a million years old by now.

He was indeed super great, perfect parody of the old school radio drama voiceover guys. His absence was the only real mark against Space Quest 5, which would otherwise have been the best in the series.

5. Hey, this is actually really good. The voices are bad, of course, although I've heard worse in fan games, but SQ1 remake didn't even have voices, so...

But yeah, it's pretty much the same exact script, same puzzles, very faithful to the original. Some of the areas look pretty different, but a lot of them look exactly the same. Definitely recommended for those that only played the later ones and get scared by text parsers. I do feel like the change of interface makes the game a bit easier, but that's not necessarily a negative when we're talking about an 80s adventure game.

And aaaah, ridiculously cheap, completely unfair deaths. Wouldn't be a Space Quest game without them.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 01 Jan 2012 at 08:58 PM.