Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

1. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

So this comes out in 2 weeks and there's really no thread yet?

The demo's out, and this is a bit more interesting than the God of War clone I expected it would be. It's actually closer to a hybrid of Gears of War and Dynasty Warriors. There's no cover system, but it controls like a typical third-person shooter, except with powerful melee attacks and dozens of enemies on screen that swarm from every direction. There's no regenerating health, you have to stun and execute enemies to regain health.

All told, there's a lot of potential here. Relic has done some pretty great games with the franchise already, and while this is pretty different from those it's a good application of the IP and an interesting game so far.

2. Every time Relic announces a new game that isn't Homeworld, I die a little.

I'll try the demo. Didn't know that it was available to non-preorders.
    Last edited by epmode; 24 Aug 2011 at 09:54 AM.

3. I got this back in June when I signed up for OnLive and am really excited to finally get my hands on it. If anything, it'll be a mindless fun 3rd person action game, and I like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

I'm wary because of the melee nature, but I'm certainly interested enough to check out reviews and impressions when it hits.

5. Definitely will be checking this out, as I love WH universe, and this looks like solid action fun.

6. I've been waiting for a game like this in the Warhammer 40k universe for awhile. I really enjoyed the demo.
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

Im not a fan of the Ultramarines. I am happy that the main dude is Titus, from the ultramarine novels. Nice bit of tie in. Id like to see a stealth action game where you play as an inquisitor. lot of different things can be done with warhammer 40k stuff besides rts and super bang bang.

8. They should adapt Space Hulk to XBLA. (That's the only Warhammer thing I'm really familiar with, but whoamg is it awesome. Look up my posts about it in the board games thread if you want to know more.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. The old DOS Space Hulk game was great.

10. I have been pleasantly suprised by the demo. Its odd because this is one of those games where there isnt really a "hook". Its a game where there are a bunch of different elements that you have seen before. Third person combat, first person shooting, fatalities, combo strings, super mode after earning meter, bullet time. All of these things brought together in such fluid gameplay to make you feel like you are the baddest freakin thing this end of War jesus's throne. This has been added to one of the things I want to buy for the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS