Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt

1. Quote Originally Posted by Waffle Jump View Post
    paprika
    Real ballers use smoked paprika.

I think you'll find it worth the extra dollar.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Wendy's fries use sea salt. So I'm all good and healthy.

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Real ballers use smoked paprika.

I think you'll find it worth the extra dollar.
    Smoked paprika, eh? I shall give it a shot. You seem to know what you're talking about.
    Leaping over savory pastries since '79

4. My sea salt shaker has a big warning on it that does not contain iodine, an essential nutrient. I feel so naughty every time I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. I'm generally a fan of kosher salt. Salt (and to a degree, pepper) is one of the most important seasonings in any dish. The idea is to bring out and enhance the natural flavor of an item. This place I'm doing some part-time work (an eat-in deli where I work the grill) doesn't season anything and it drives me nuts!
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

6. I refuse to add pepper unless the dish calls for it. And it's usually white pepper when I do.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I refuse to add pepper unless the dish calls for it. And it's usually white pepper when I do.
    My main job uses a mix which is primarily kosher salt and white pepper. I like to used crushed red in a lot of things personally.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453