Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: New Louis C.K. at NOON TODAY

1. I posted about this in the Louie thread. I'm glad he found a way around his whole "No more specials while I'm doing Louie" thing.

3. This is good! I was sort of expecting something a bit more minimalist because it was a web-only thing, but it's a real special, shot nicely, looks pretty, HD quality. Could have just as easily been a DVD.

The material reminds me maybe a little more of his older material in that it's not as dark and personal, but Louie's always funny regardless.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Oh... nevermind. It's up.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand Paypal is required. guess I'll be stealing this off some shitty torrent site somewhere. Does anyone have dude's address so I can mail him a five spot?
    You don't have to sign up, you can just do a credit card transaction without signing up..

I know paypal is the antichrist, but Louie deserves it.

To those who might wish to "torrent" this video: look, I don't really get the whole "torrent" thing. I don't know enough about it to judge either way. But I'd just like you to consider this: I made this video extremely easy to use against well-informed advice. I was told that it would be easier to torrent the way I made it, but I chose to do it this way anyway, because I want it to be easy for people to watch and enjoy this video in any way they want without "corporate" restrictions.

Please bear in mind that I am not a company or a corporation. I'm just some guy. I paid for the production and posting of this video with my own money. I would like to be able to post more material to the fans in this way, which makes it cheaper for the buyer and more pleasant for me. So, please help me keep this being a good idea. I can't stop you from torrenting; all I can do is politely ask you to pay your five little dollars, enjoy the video, and let other people find it in the same way.

Sincerely,
    Louis C.K.
    You can stream twice or download twice after paying $5. It's a non-drm 720p h.264 file. The way it shit should be done.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    You don't have to sign up, you can just do a credit card transaction without signing up.
    Maybe you can, but I can't. Trust me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    You can stream twice or download twice after paying $5. It's a non-drm 720p h.264 file. The way it shit should be done.
    It really does make sense, when you think about it. If he did it any other way, DVD, DRM, anything, it'd be up on piratebay within an hour anyway. The same exact number of people will pirate it regardless, but for the rest, there are probably more people who would throw in $5 than $17 or whatever. He'll probably make more money this way.

Also, new CD coming out? There's no way that could be different material than this, right?

7. I feel like I'm missing an important piece of the puzzle. He's very funny, but why are we supposed to have raging boners over this?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. What you're missing is good taste. In anything.

9. I don't like buying DVDs or CDs for stuff like this because it's $10-$15 for something I'll watch once. But $5 is perfect. Well done Louis CK.

10. I said he was funny, and I like his work. What I don't see is why this is the second coming of comedy.

I also don't see how my lack of understanding the significance of an event has anything to do with my taste. Perhaps you can explain it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.