Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: New Louis C.K. at NOON TODAY

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Perhaps you can explain it to me.
    Nah.

2. Didn't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. I don't get why you like Nintendo games

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I don't see is why this is the second coming of comedy.

I also don't see how my lack of understanding the significance of an event has anything to do with my taste. Perhaps you can explain it to me.
    When did anyone bring up any of that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Could have just as easily been a DVD.
    Sure. If they lowered the video resolution, perhaps.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I said he was funny, and I like his work. What I don't see is why this is the second coming of comedy.

I also don't see how my lack of understanding the significance of an event has anything to do with my taste. Perhaps you can explain it to me.
    No one ever said it was the second coming, or a landmark for comedy performances. I mean it's his second special this year, we're in charted territory.

But it is good, and it's exciting to see an artist (particularly a prolific one) exercising a faster, more direct means to get a product to people at a better value, without compromising the quality. His last special (Hilarious) took 20 months from shooting to shelf, this one took one month, and it's just as good if not better.

Seems worth talking about.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 11 Dec 2011 at 01:01 AM.

7. It's totally worth talking about. This delivery method is an amazing idea and I really hope more comics adopt it.

As it was I might buy 1 or 2 comedy DVDs a year. I could see myself paying $5 for a comedy special at least once a month maybe more if there is enough good content out there.

Just gave him my $5 and I'll be sitting down to watch this before I pass out tonight.
    Last edited by Timber; 11 Dec 2011 at 01:13 AM.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

To me this is like a major label band saying "fuck it" and self releasing an album on their website with no help from their label. For that alone, it is awesome.

As a bonus it is also fucking funny, and worth the $5 I talked Rebecca into spending on it.

My complaints are strictly nerd ones. The shit all over the stage to make it look "real" unhooked speakers lying all over the place, cutting to shots just to show people walking around in the background. But whatever... I get what dude was going for.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    It's totally worth talking about. This delivery method is an amazing idea and I really hope more comics adapt it.

As it was I might buy 1 or 2 comedy DVDs a year. I could see myself paying $5 for a comedy special at least once a month maybe more if there is enough good content out there.

Just gave him my $5 and I'll be sitting down to watch this before I pass out tonight.
    I do kind of like having comedy DVDs, I'm actually probably more inclined to buy them than I am movies on DVD. I like having them to lend to friends, plus I like getting them signed by the comedians.

That said, I pirated Louie's last special just because it hit the web a couple months early and when the real thing came out, I never got around to it. And yet this I paid for on day one. So it's probably a smart move.

10. I just never bought them (for the most part) because with a comedy special like this I'm only going to watch it once then it'll sit on the shelf for at least 2 years before I want watch it again.

With this you could still "lend" your friends the video file whenever you want.

And I don't give a flying fuck about autographs. If I met Louie I'd just tell him I enjoy his work immensely and be just as happy with that.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in