Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us (PS3)

I try to check out all the games. I definitely had a lot of fun with Uncharted... friends of mine came over, got drunk, and we played and ripped it apart MST3k style. I might do a Last of Us run in that style as well, but honestly there would be so much dead time to fill it might not be possible.

I just think it's such a shame...they could easily have made something extra special if they just thought out the gameplay a little more.
    As it is, I rate the game a solid Gears of War 3.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Tell me more about the red pawns.

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I don't remember the first Jak game having any difficulty to it.
    It gets tricky toward the end. The second one is serious business throughout.

I've been playing Crash 1 for the past week. It's brutal (and excellent).

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    It gets tricky toward the end. The second one is serious business throughout.
    Wasn't the second half of the game just revisiting the levels to collect orbs? I haven't played it since it came out so it's probably jumbled up to me. I didn't play the next two games because the first was so horrendously boring (I realize they switched the formula up and Jak 3 is supposedly great, but it took a long time to get rid of that sour taste).

5. I 100%'ed Crash 1 back in the days where I 100%'ed things that required at least some effort. Very rewarding and fun. Those extra little areas that open up when the jewels fill in...

6. Just got this today and it doesn't pull any punches in the first few minutes. Rough shit.

It gets better towards the end. I like the play as Ellie parts. The winter chapter where you have to come at it from both characters was cool. The diner avoid the plates stab him 3 times part was kinda lame though.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

I kept feeling like they should make a new jurassic park game with this engine.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

9. The only thing I don't like is the lack of reward for fighting, there's no incentive.

That's kind of the point. It's not Call of Duty.