Page 1 of 19 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us (PS3)

PlayStation 3 The Last of Us (PS3)

I wish there was actual gameplay shown, but I'm hoping for a third person action game with the same level of set pieces and pacing as the Uncharted series. And I hope it is not focused on co-op, despite the pair of protagonists shown in the trailer.

2. If it features less characters dangling from cliffs than Uncharted I'm game. Hoping it leans more to horror than gunplay.

All of Naughty Dog's series have been drastically different in gameplay, I doubt they got stuck into an Uncharted rut now.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. A bit of a "been there done that" vibe from the trailer, but I like the girl's perspective. I hate to admit it but I'm interested. Cautiously interested.

James

5. Interesting to see. I worked on this a little while at SCEA, but it was code named T1.

6. I wonder if this takes place in the same world as Tokyo Jungle. Pretty similar premise, only there are no people at all left in Tokyo
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Looks interesting.

I really need to finish up the Uncharted series, btw.

8. No, you really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    All of Naughty Dog's series have been drastically different in gameplay, I doubt they got stuck into an Uncharted rut now.
    I wouldn't say the Jak games are drastically different from Crash Bandicoot. Hop 'n bops.

9. Love survival/apocalypse games, love zombie games (even if this isn't quite that), I trust Naughty Dog to make something fun, and Ellie is just ridiculously cute (not in that way) and I (hopefully) can't wait to play as her.

My hope is that this'll be more open-world game about survival, and less Uncharted "follow the path through adventure" kind of stuff. Especially as I'm currently watching The Walking Dead for the first time. Watching that makes me want a real survival-type zombie game.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Especially as I'm currently watching The Walking Dead for the first time.
    Quit while you're ahead.