Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roku boxes

1. Stupid question, but have you restarted the router.

2. Maybe it can't handle the level of security your router is using or its set to the wrong one. WPA2?

3. If you have your network set up not to use DHCP the Roku won't talk to it. For some reason (maybe this has changed on newer models) they don't give you the option of assigning an IP address to the roku yourself and you have to use DHCP.

Maybe things have changed though.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. SUBNET GO!

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Maybe it can't handle the level of security your router is using or its set to the wrong one. WPA2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    If you have your network set up not to use DHCP the Roku won't talk to it. For some reason (maybe this has changed on newer models) they don't give you the option of assigning an IP address to the roku yourself and you have to use DHCP.

Maybe things have changed though.
    I looked into all of that. And I tested it without any firewalls or security. Still won't connect to the network.

After implementing everything advised for people that have had the same problem with our router (an apple airbase extreme), I'm pretty sure it is dead. DHCP is enabled. Changed security settings and even removed them for one test.

Leave it alone for a week, then try the exact same thing again. This is what I've started doing with network related fuckery, and it works pretty much without fail.

7. Mine connects just fine but takes forever to load any apps and they only let me watch content sometimes.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

8. Bump for Roku being the Deal of the Day on Amazon... I picked one up

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

9. I just snagged the Roku 3 for Netflix, Hulu plus, and potentially Amazon instant video. What channels might you guys be using other than the 3 I've mentioned?

10. Crunchyroll!

It's all about Attack on Titan.