Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. One of my staff writers recently broke the Twin Galaxies world record on Shinobi III.

Crusader of Centy is awesome. It's a lot like Zelda but in all that's good. If you like Zelda, you'll like COC (LOL).

Light Crusader and Landstalker are two other excellent action/RPGs. If you don't mind emulation, there's an excellent English translation of King Colossus.

2. Right now, I seem to be playing whatever I can find that I can get a good deal for, complete, on EBAY. I'm going to try having one SNES game and one Genesis game being played through at all times.

Right now, I just finished TMNT: Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis. I didn't think a game could be easier than Turtles in Time, but this game might be even easier than that one. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother finishing "Mickey Mania" for the SNES. The graphics are nice, but the gameplay is very average. I know I played a better Mickey Mouse game than this, as a kid, but I can't remember which one it is.

Tonight I picked up a complete copies of Shadowrun for the SNES and Quackshot for the Genesis. I looked into getting Shadowrun on the Genesis instead, but I found the complete overhead, top down, view to be a bit nauseating and annoying. The 3/4 view in the SNES version seems ok for my condition. Which is the better version though? The SNES or Genesis version.

Also, I just discovered tonight that there is a Genesis version of Tale Spin! Is this game good, or is it complete crap?

You might be thinking of Magical Quest for the Mickey game. He gets different outfits with different abilities, including the Bionic Commando-style climbing gear.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Castle of Illusion is the best Mickey Mouse game, at least on 16-bit hardware.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    If you like Zelda, you'll like COC...
    I thought everyone knew that 'round these parts.

6. ahh Magical Quest and Castle of Illusion...can't forget World of Illusion.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Castle of Illusion is the best Mickey Mouse game, at least on 16-bit hardware.
    Fucking this.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Castle of Illusion is the best Mickey Mouse game, at least on 16-bit hardware.
    IAWTP. My favorite Genesis game of all time.

Shadowrun on the Genesis is quite different from the SNES version. The Genny one is more of a traditional RPG, and the SNES game is more action/RPG orientated. I've never played the SNES version, but I hear it's pretty good.

9. Snes Side scrollers
    Another vote for Rocky and Pocky, Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Goemon)
    E.V.O Search for Eden
    Act Raiser
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 08 Jan 2012 at 11:46 AM.

That reminds me, if you want to take a crack at something hard as nails, play ActRaiser 2. If you fight through the pain of the obscene difficulty, it's a really great game and is very rewarding once you finally beat it. Most people quit and say that it sucks after 2 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.