Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. I played through talespin on turbografx. Not sure how related it is to the genesis version, but it had a mix of overhead flying sections where you're the little bear dude and you're gliding behind the plane and then platforming stages. The controls were very loose and you tended to slide about a lot, making for a (what I thought) very difficult game. I did beat it eventually, but I was at the age where new games to play were few and far between.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 Jan 2012 at 10:07 PM.

2. Co-op Joe and Mac is the way to go.

Loved J&M 1 and J&M 2.

Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    The Joe and Mac Ebay auction stated, "the cartridge and instructions are in mint condition, the box shows some wear." "Some wear" is a bit of an understatement. The top left hand corner of the box is completely ripped. lol. There isn't any reason to leave negative feedback, because "some wear" is a bit vague and open to interpretation. I guess I just can't be picky with these SNES boxes...
    If you see the word "wear" anywhere in an online item description, expect the worst lol

NES Talespin was pretty good.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

It has to be said: ban pls

edit: deleting his post works too. Well done.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 28 Jan 2012 at 10:10 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I played through talespin on turbografx. Not sure how related it is to the genesis version, but it had a mix of overhead flying sections where you're the little bear dude and you're gliding behind the plane and then platforming stages. The controls were very loose and you tended to slide about a lot, making for a (what I thought) very difficult game. I did beat it eventually, but I was at the age where new games to play were few and far between.
    The controls in Turbo Darkwing Duck were pretty awful too. On the whole any Western developed Turbo titles were ass, with exception of Shadow of the Beast and maybe Jim Powers. Enjoyed Ghost Manor briefly, the maze-like level structure was fun to poke around.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It has to be said: ban pls
    Not sure who this comment is in reference to...

Popped in Joe and Mac last night, and I'm surprised just how much of this game stuck with me. I made it all the way to the last boss, before I hit the game over screen. Like was said earlier in the thread, the game is a bit slow moving, but I suppose that is part of it's charm. The pacing of the game just seems to work for me. Thumbs up for this game, I guess I should track down a copy of the sequel.

7. Didn't parts of Joe and Mac get cut from arcade to SNES?

Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Not sure who this comment is in reference to...
    There was a post from a voice from the past deleted.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There was a post from a voice from the past deleted.
    OK. Cool. I was just making sure you weren't irritated by me posting about old games in this thread.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Didn't parts of Joe and Mac get cut from arcade to SNES?
    That's a good question. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I think it took me about 30 minutes to get to the end of the game. Some of the levels seem awfully short too...like 10 seconds long, before you get to another boss battle.