Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23333536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. I paid $600 btw.

2. That includes pain and suffering damages from all the delays and stuff.

Um... fuck that, I'll stick with my reprint!

4. Dear god I love me some Kenseiden.

5. I was looking at Ebay right now, for the PC Engine Duo-Rs, and I came across this listing.

What do you guys think of this listing? Would this be a good way to go, or should I look at other ones? Do you see anything wrong with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engin...item2c64222b57

6. For that money, i would want the original controller. Thats just me though.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    For that money, i would want the original controller. Thats just me though.
    Oh, I didn't realize that wasn't the original controller. That does kind of put a damper on things....is a 6 button pad necessary, or can I get away with the controller in that pic?

I've got a system from Doujindance, it's nice. The thing to keep in mind is he picks up used systems, mods and refurbishes them, and sells them. They usually don't have original controllers, since the Coregrafx controllers are a lot more common than white Duo controllers. If he does have the original stuff he'll sell it boxed at a higher price (these systems are generally higher priced as well.)

As far as the controller, it doesn't matter. the 6 button controller that comes with the Duo RX is garbage, i'd recommend the NEC Avenue 6 by a long shot. It's really only necessary for SF2 and the other fighters, if you aren't interested in those you can pass.

Personally, I picked up some new TG16 controllers off of ebay and swapped the cable with a junk PC Engine controller.

9. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    I was looking at Ebay right now, for the PC Engine Duo-Rs, and I came across this listing.

What do you guys think of this listing? Would this be a good way to go, or should I look at other ones? Do you see anything wrong with this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engin...item2c64222b57
    That's a great price, even without the controller. As GohanX pointed out, the 6 button controller is really only necessary with a handful of games anyway. It would be easier to find the controller later on than the system itself at a price that isn't ridiculous. Everything else looks like it's in good shape. Go for it!

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I've got a system from Doujindance, it's nice. The thing to keep in mind is he picks up used systems, mods and refurbishes them, and sells them. They usually don't have original controllers, since the Coregrafx controllers are a lot more common than white Duo controllers. If he does have the original stuff he'll sell it boxed at a higher price (these systems are generally higher priced as well.)

As far as the controller, it doesn't matter. the 6 button controller that comes with the Duo RX is garbage, i'd recommend the NEC Avenue 6 by a long shot. It's really only necessary for SF2 and the other fighters, if you aren't interested in those you can pass.

Personally, I picked up some new TG16 controllers off of ebay and swapped the cable with a junk PC Engine controller.
    OK. That sounds good. It's always good to know of other people who bought from a particular seller, and I trust your opinion. Plus, I had enough extra money in my Paypal account, from selling random stuff around the house, to pay for the system. So, I just went ahead and did a buy it now on that auction.

I do enjoy 2-D fighting games, but I can hold off on buying those for a bit, because I have a couple games sitting here that I'll try out first. Once I start buying the 2-D fighters, I'll take your recommendation and just get a NEC Ave 6 controller.

I also, just did a "Buy It Now" on a Sega Master System Auction. It was $34 (plus $15 shipping) for the system, all the hookups, 2 light guns, and 4 games (After Burner, Hangon/Safari Hunt, Choplifter, and Black Belt). The only thing it didn't come with was a controller, so I had to win an auction for one of those as well. The guy claims that everything works....so we'll see when it gets here...

So, now, I think I'm finally all set with the systems that I want hooked up in my gaming cabinet. The only other things I think I'll eventually want are some kind of Famicom converter, to play famicom games on the NES, and the 7800. I'm going to hold off on those for now though...and focus on getting some games for these systems.