Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. I love blackthorne.

on 32X.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    I keep hoping for an Alien 3 SNES fan edit with Genesis gameplay and maps. It did a great job of emulating Alien's intense 'escape before the facility self destructs' moments, but yeah, it never looked or sounded that great.
    I liked the Alien sprites a lot on the Genny(stylish!) but that was about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I love blackthorne.

on 32X.
    I don't really like the new weird 3D rendered sprites in that version. SNES version is the best.

4. This might sound stupid, but I'm a real sucker for the Disney licensed games. I even picked up a copy of "Disney's Bonkers" for $5 the other day, and I enjoyed it a lot.

That being said, is the Genesis "Little Mermaid" game any good?

5. Oh, and I don't know if it's "under the radar" but Out of This World is one of the best games ever.

Also, no scrolling graphics, so no motion sickness guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    This might sound stupid, but I'm a real sucker for the Disney licensed games. I even picked up a copy of "Disney's Bonkers" for $5 the other day, and I enjoyed it a lot.

That being said, is the Genesis "Little Mermaid" game any good?
    I'd go for Aladdin, Quackshot, or the Mickey games instead.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Oh, and I don't know if it's "under the radar" but Out of This World is one of the best games ever.

Also, no scrolling graphics, so no motion sickness guaranteed.

I'd go for Aladdin, Quackshot, or the Mickey games instead.
    Just checked "Out of this World" and it looks like a game that might have been ahead of it's time! It looks very motion sickness friendly too. I'll have to check that out.

Also, I read the Genesis version of Aladdin is different from the SNES one. I recently picked up the SNES version and had some fun with it, even though it was rather short. How different is the Genesis version exactly?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't really like the new weird 3D rendered sprites in that version. SNES version is the best.
    I haven't gone back to it in quite a while, but I loved the rendered look at the time, and as recently as the early 2000s. Toe May Toe, Toe Mah Toe.

8. The genesis Alladin will make you say, "Hmm, good thing I played the Snes version first because there's no way I'd play it after experiencing this version."
    It's really That Much Better.

9. Oh, and speaking of differences between SNES games and Genesis games...I was looking at EBAY auctions for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist....and then I was checking out some youtube videos....is there any reason to buy that game if I already have Turtles in Time for the SNES? They look like awfully similar games to me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The genesis Alladin will make you say, "Hmm, good thing I played the Snes version first because there's no way I'd play it after experiencing this version."
    It's really That Much Better.
    Cool. I'll have to put that one on my buy list then. The Super Nintendo version was fun...but it obviously suffers from "kid game syndrome"...