Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. I liked True Lies back when I rented it for SNES, but it has been awhile since I have played it. Beam is an odd developer. They made their share of crap, but made some solid stuff like the NES port of Roadblasters, SNES Super Smash TV, and Blades of Vengeance for Genesis.

One game I feel is underrated a bit is Super Pinball Behind the Mask. The boards look simplistic, but the board design is solid. Despite looking somewhat like 80s pinball, the goals and dot matrix are closer to the 90s style. Not may of its type on SNES, but the physics are extremely good and the game is fun to play.

Another overlooked gem is Skins Game from Irem for SNES. Kind of an odd name, but it plays a good game of golf. Only one course, but the mechanics and gameplay are solid.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 22 Dec 2011 at 10:46 PM.

2. So, I just got the Genesis I purchased off of Ebay in the mail, and I have another really stupid question. Looking at the Genesis, it appears that there is a cartridge slot or something sticking out the side of the system. Its like fully exposed and everything. What is this? Is there supposed to be a cover to protect it? I wouldn't think the system was designed like this.

Also of note...the ebay auction said I would get a free "mystery game" with the system....and I was expecting something shitty....but I didn't expect this....I ended up getting the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" game. LMFAO. It's definitely something I wouldn't buy for myself in a million years, but it looks like some kind of 2-D fighting game though. So, I'm down with giving it a shot at least.

it's the expansion bay where you would hook up a Sega CD. Is it a Model 2 Genesis? If so pm me your address and I'll mail you a cover, I have several parts systems.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    it's the expansion bay where you would hook up a Sega CD. Is it a Model 2 Genesis? If so pm me your address and I'll mail you a cover, I have several parts systems.
    Yes, I believe it is a model 2 Genesis. Just to double check, the one I got looks like this:

I'll definitely send you a PM right now though.

EDIT - And the only reason I'm totally clueless about all this Sega Genesis stuff, is I was a total Nintendo fanboy as a kid...and way over did that "system wars" crap. I'm greatly looking forward to checking out a whole systems worth of games that I've never seen before! This should be pretty exciting

To be clear, you are talking about this port, right?

Just want to make sure it's not some weird mod or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. I thought Utopia: Creation of a Nation on the SNES was a pretty decent strategy game. It's like a poor man's Starcraft, but still fun.

The music is messed up on the video above, but you can take a look at this short 32 second burst of the game without the goofy overlaid anime crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMoDb...eature=related

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    To be clear, you are talking about this port, right?

Just want to make sure it's not some weird mod or something.
    Yes, that's the port that I'm talking about!

8. You know what, I think the guy on ebay, who sold me the Genesis, totally screwed me over too. I was trying to hook it up right now, and not only is the expansion port missing, but the RF switch has a big hole in the bottom, with a bunch of exposed wiring hanging out. The system didn't work when I fired it up, and I'm hoping it's just the busted RF switch...or at least that seems like the most logical problem. Then, on top of everything, the controller he sent me has a completely stuck 'B' button.

The seller's auction listing, lists the system and accessories as being in great condition....and it says that he would list any defects in the auction listing....but the listing doesn't say anything about missing expansion ports, a busted RF switch, or a stuck 'B' button. I just e-mailed the seller and told him he needs to do something to fix the issue, or he can expect some negative feedback.

EDIT - In other EBAY news, I did get a good deal on Super Empire Strikes Back on the SNES. It came complete with it's box, instruction booklet, dust cover, registration card, nintendo power advertisement, cardboard sleeve inside the box....and everything was in PRISTINE condition. The game looked BRAND NEW, like it had been opened but never played, let alone touched......got it for $4.95 + $3 shipping. So, I guess you win some and you lose some.
    Last edited by magnifiedplaid; 23 Dec 2011 at 02:57 AM.

9. I'm not sure that anyone would agree with me about this, but I really liked the "Addams Family" game for SNES. It was an exploration game in the vein of the old Master System game "Ghost House". Or maybe a little more Metroid-y than that.

You're gonna want to get some better cables for that Genny than an RF switch anyway.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery