Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

1. If you have Turtles in Time, I'd skip Hyperstone Heist. I think Melf's site (http://www.sega-16.com) has a nice comparison between the two.

2. All the Genesis Disney games rock the can of the SNES ones. Except for maybe Mickey Mania? Sega CD, then.

edit: actually, I like the cart music for MM better, I think.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 22 Dec 2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Jurassic Park 2 is pretty understated, too.
    Is that the Wolf clone? Do tell!

And rep to Frog, even as a kid I thought Krusty seemed to polished to be a actual Acclaim title.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    If you have Turtles in Time, I'd skip Hyperstone Heist. I think Melf's site (http://www.sega-16.com) has a nice comparison between the two.
    Yeah, this site should come in very handy. I'm going to bookmark it. It's disappointing to read that this game was just an "afterthought" for Konami. I was actually kind of excited when I saw there was a TMNT game that I haven't played yet. Now that I know I've seen half the game already in Turtles in Time....I'll probably wait until I can find this really cheap on ebay before I think about trying it out.

The Genesis and SNES Aladdin games aren't different versions of the same game. The SNES game was made by Capcom, and the Genesis version was made by Virgin. I've heard the Genesis game was more fun, but I've never played the SNES one. Personally, I'm not crazy about the Genesis game. The visuals and animation were excellent, but it suffered from Dave Perry's bad controls and random level design that most of his games had.

6. The SNES game has more responsive controls than the Genny version and has some really fast-paced platforming sections, but I never liked it as much as the Genny version because of how much better that version looked. The SNES version looks great in a different way, but I thought it was an overall inferior look to the Genny one.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. True Lies on the Super NES. It's also on the Genesis, but I've only played the Super NES version. It's a great top-down action shooter.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    True Lies on the Super NES. It's also on the Genesis, but I've only played the Super NES version. It's a great top-down action shooter.
    Judging by youtube, this game doesn't look bad at all.

I see that LJN published this. Was LJN only really, really, shitty in the NES era? I've seen a couple of games they made for the SNES that look interesting but their output for the NES was terrible.

9. Also, I read the Genesis version of Aladdin is different from the SNES one. I recently picked up the SNES version and had some fun with it, even though it was rather short. How different is the Genesis version exactly?
    Completely different games from different developers. The Genesis one is much, much better, but both are definitely good games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    True Lies on the Super NES. It's also on the Genesis, but I've only played the Super NES version. It's a great top-down action shooter.
    I can't tell if you're joking, but for what my vote is worth, this game is horrifically bad.

10. True Lies was developed by Beam. They were a decent enough developer.

edit: Frog and I just don't agree. Maybe it's because I'm comparing it to other movie licensed games, and not just "good" games; but I thought True Lies was really fun.