Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Radar SNES/Genesis Games

SSJN: I see what you did there.

I'm trying to think of some good games, but I have so many awesome games for both that my head is going to explode trying to think of them. I'll have to look at the stack when I get home.

2. Here are a few Genesis games that I really enjoyed that you might not be familiar with:

Mystic Defender
    Ranger-X
    Kid Chameleon
    E-SWAT
    Valis III
    Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair

That reminds me, there is a translation of Monster World IV floating around out there now, it is fantastic.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    That reminds me, there is a translation of Monster World IV floating around out there now, it is fantastic.
    Yeah, this is a must.

Also, Treasure's stuff; Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, and Alien Soldier

5. Skyblazer on the Super NES.

6. I second Kid Chameleon.

7. Kid Chameleon was under the radar? That was on every Genesis Demo unit I ever saw in a mall/toy store.

Yeah, but I don't think anyone ever actually bought it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Pocky & Rocky
    Goof Troop
    I was checking some videos of this out, and it seems like it might be a good one, because the action seems confined to a single screen at a time...instead of scrolling. Is this like a light weight "Zelda" type game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Hagane
    Never heard of this game in my entire life. It looks like a nice hidden gem.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    If you're having trouble with motion sickness, maybe you should play some single screen games, like Super Buster Bros. for SNES.
    The lack of scrolling playfields might help.
    I agree with you on this. I think I'll put Super Buster Bros. in my shopping list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    SNES:

Alien 3

Genesis:

Alien 3
    Is Alien 3 the same game for the Genesis and SNES, or is it one of those cases where the Genesis game is radically different from the SNES game?

10. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Is Alien 3 the same game for the Genesis and SNES, or is it one of those cases where the Genesis game is radically different from the SNES game?
    Different. The Genny version has you trying to collect cocooned prisoners before chestbursters pop out, the SNES version is more mission oriented. They both have a distinctive look.

Always wanted to play Hagane. Damn that game is expensive now....