Page 11 of 129 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I totally agree with you. That's why I mentioned the "balance" of improving the AI while keeping it a videogame. Hyper realism isn't what I'm after. For example, the airvents. Make a guard on patrol seem like it's paying attention sometimes. It's in your best interest to close them when you go in so a guard on patrol won't notice a vent that is suddenly open. Have him actually poke his head in the vent instead of just crouching down, seemed goofy every time I just moved over a few pixels so I really don't have to hide to get away with it.
    The Batman games seem to nail this down. I agree that DX really doesn't.

2. #4 Dragon Age: Origins
    Shooting through the DLC now I suppose. Oh and of course eventually I'll say what I think about this game in the blog.

3. 14. HALO REACH (360)

cleared on Legendary, even with a new engine, still felt like more of the same from previous games unlike ODST, same old AI routines with the same repetitive backtracking stages paired with revisionist weapon and enemy designs, doesn't feel like this franchise has anymore legs
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

4. 15. DRAGON WANG (SG1000)

1cc, Sega's first beat'em up with a memorable title and the predecessor to Makai Retsuden aka Kung Fu Kid, extremely wonky hit collision detection and controls mixed with a very challenging game = frustration, respect to anyone who can clear this one...took me a few days to really get a handle on it
    Become History

There is a game titled Dragon Wang and I have not played it? I am ashamed.

6. 3 - Uncharted 3

Got this a mere week ago and I already beat it - my goal was to beat it before getting Golden Abyss, and I did that with quite a bit of time to spare. This was even more epic than 2, and had some of the most spectacular views ever in a game at various points. I also preferred the final battle here to the one in that game.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. 4. Raf World

Journey to Silius. Great visuals (especially during the boss fights), nice and complicated stage layouts, alternate weapons that are worth conserving ammo for, crafty enemies/enemy placement, excellent music, Robocops, and an awesome final stage. Definitely Famicom Batman tier. This one took me a bit longer to beat due to the limited continues.

I wonder how different it would have been if they had kept the Terminator license.
    Last edited by Tain; 06 Feb 2012 at 11:29 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    There is a game titled Dragon Wang and I have not played it? I am ashamed.
    I have colleagues named Dragon Chow and Tiger Wang, no joke.
    Become History

9. 5. Soulcalibur V

Unlocked some dressup shit. Skipped a bunch of sketched-out cutscenes. Saw some goofy CG.

10. #4 - Simpsons Arcade Game, PSN

Hasn't aged as well as the TMNT arcade game in any way. The voices are shit, the graphics, even filtered, look awful, and the use of season 1 character designs really doesn't help. But hey, free trophies!

#5 - UFC Undisputed 3

Beat the career mode with my created fighter a couple days ago - enjoyed it more than the 2010 incarnation. They really streamlined it and cut out stuff like activities and diminishing stats that added realism but decreased fun.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09 Feb 2012 at 08:51 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan