Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 115125127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,285 of 1285

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. Also last night, before going to bed (at about 10PM).

17. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 3DS

Aggressively underwhelming. It's really sad how lazy Nints has gotten with 2D Mario games. And the argument that the "New" games are supposed to be lazy rehashes does not excuse shit. Not on my watch.

The 2013 completion thread creation is up for grabs!

2. It's probably the least creative of the series, but the level design is exactly what i want from a Mario. They even advertised it as being built on what makes a good Mario level, and they got closer than any game has since the first one (1985). In this 2013, i prefer to play NSMB2 over every game in the series except the first two. I wonder if it's a Mario 3 vs Mario World thing; the people that don't like this think that Mario World isn't boring and that Mario U isn't just a little disappointing.
    Donk

Finch: What about NSMB U? Most seem to think U is better than 2. I haven't played U myself.

4. Yeah, a lot of people say that. It's okay. I haven't beaten it yet. The level design is really good, and it does get really challenging about halfway through the game instead of at the end. The level design of U isn't as fun for me, and i'm not really sure what it is that i don't like. The levels in 2 are a bit shorter, and in U they seem to be more about going to the right, but i could be imagining it. I'm really missing the lack of life and coin limits that were in NSMB2. Yeah, lives and coins rarely matter in any Mario game after the 2nd game, but when you reach 99 lives, there's no reason to grab coins or extra lives.
    Donk

5. Sorry for the bump, my OCD demands I complete my 2012 list.

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)

I like how they incorporated messages from other players. Keep your achievements, trophies, and other meaningless attaboys. This is what I want in every game from now on.

Pikmin 2 (Wii)

Had to finally play this before 3 comes out someday. Love the music at the end of the day, when you're counting up your dead plant people.

Fable II (360)

Decent. If future Fables don't make it to Steam, it's a series I won't particularly miss on the Xbone.

Wii U
    New Super Mario Bros. U

Mass Effect 2
    Alan Wake
    Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    Saints Row 2
    Fable II

PS3
    Journey
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Yakuza: Dead Souls

WII
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Deadly Creatures
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Wario Land: Shake It!
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Pikmin 2

3DS
    Pushmo
    Mutant Mudds
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
    Mighty Switch Force
    Mario Kart 7
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

DS
    Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
    Again
    The Legendary Starfy
    999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    Chrono Trigger

iOS
    Alphadia
    Hector: Badge of Carnage
    9mm
    Eternal Legacy
    Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
    Bar Oasis
    Grinsia
    Infinity Blade II
    Cthulhu Saves the World

PSV
    Touch My Katamari
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PSP
    Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
    Me & My Katamari

GBA
    WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgames!

GB/GBC
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
    Kirby's Dream Land

GG
    Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble

GEN
    Phantasy Star II
    Shining Force II

PC
    Dear Esther
    Resonance
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.