Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    How was that fucking snake at the end? I had to do that shit like 5 times to 3 star it.
    Yeah that snake was a bastard, the first time I tried it I didn't even finish it, I struck out Ended up taking me 2 more tries I think, but when I started making my own puzzles it gave me a much bigger appreciation for how detailed they made some of those things! The one that I had to redo the most though was probably the snowboarder, he has like 15 random blocks strewn about for "snow" and there is no rhyme or reason to them, which totally threw me off.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Great game, I want a part 2. I went back to play original Picross but I don't like it without the 3rd dimension.
    Is there a part 2 already and it's just Japanese or something? I would totally take a whole new set of puzzles to play! I just wish I could upload/download puzzles from all over, I don't know anyone around here with a DS, let alone a DS and this game to share my Moose Tank puzzle with (this thing is AWESOME).

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    Which? I played it on a Mark III, ie SMS.
    The colors looked a bit different, had this back in the day the Boss runs were great. A tad easy but good all around.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    The colors looked a bit different, had this back in the day the Boss runs were great. A tad easy but good all around.
    Ah, they might be a tad overamplified since the Mark III needs it for RGB. Also, Wang's hair color is different since I got the potion on Round 5.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

Demon's Souls (PS3) The Fuck Yeah I Finally Did It edition.

I think (can't remember) I got this at or right around launch, couldn't do a damn thing in it, so it only took me 3 years to beat! Going through Dark Souls was really the kick in the pants I needed to finish this one up, and I really enjoyed it once I stopped being so bad at it. I could go into the differences and similarities of the two games, and which one I liked better for what reasons, but I did that (briefly) for KoF in a PM and it ended up being about 15,000 characters before I realized I hadn't even gotten into much lol. Apparently I played most of the game with black soul tendency and pretty much pure white world tendencies, not sure how I managed that one, but that just means I didn't get many of the items. Only made 1 boss weapon on the first playthrough too, and it was the Scraping Spear which is pretty much useless. Found out that I screwed myself out of some great stuff because of events I missed or things I messed up without knowing about it. That's ok, I think I'm going to give it a rest for a little while and then jump back in for a completion-ist playthrough after I get my PS3 unfucked. It was nice to see there are still a LOT of people playing the game. And for all the things this game does right, it's surprisingly short once you get down to it. The levels seem large and daunting, but then once you know their layout and how to deal with the enemies, it becomes fairly easy. I really like that about this game in particular, and as a trend for the series. I really wish there were more games in this series already, they give easily the best feelings I've had beating games this generation.

Nice, I still remember all the crying you did when you first played it. Now look at you, you're pretty good at Street Fighter and you're beating games! I'm so proud.

I heard they're killing the online for Demon's Souls soon. They keep pushing the date back but the last push might be the final one, sometime around March.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Yeah man, that game brought out my vagina in full force first time around. But I did things differently then, I wasn't playing games so much as getting sloppy drunk and complaining about anything that took more than 1 second of my attention. Now I just get really angry at video games and force them into submission!

And that sucks about Demon's servers going down. I actually just made a few PSN friends the last few weeks doing co-op with some guys, just started up again and ran through 1-1 with one of them. I literally have nothing else I can play with these people, though, unless anyone still have LBP kicking around. Come to think of it, I never once did any of LBP online... so I'm pretty sure I missed out on a huge chunk of that game.
    Last edited by Pineapple; 15 Feb 2012 at 11:58 PM.

7. Pineapple made Dark/Demon souls his bitches.

#5 Infinity Blade: I like this a lot, took me to 5th bloodline to kill the king. I guess it just recycles to infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Eh, the cutscenes on PS weren't really anything to write home about, either. The first VP is a total classic though, and one of only a few Tri-Ace games I actually really enjoyed (the others being Star Ocean 1 and 2). Don't bother with the god-awful sequel, though.
    I'm gonna play Covenant of the Plume and Silmeria AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
    My Backloggery

#10 - Guitaroo Man Lives! (PSP)

Just moving right along with my PSP backlog before the Vita's official release. I remember playing this on the PS2 and really enjoying it but never making it past the bone trio boss fight. Actually made it through this version even though the last guy was a total bitch. Nice reminder of a time when music games weren't just fake plastic instruments.
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    Eh, the cutscenes on PS weren't really anything to write home about, either. The first VP is a total classic though, and one of only a few Tri-Ace games I actually really enjoyed (the others being Star Ocean 1 and 2). Don't bother with the god-awful sequel, though.
    What was so bad about Silmeria? Other than it isn't VP1.