Page 24 of 129 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

Pink Sweets Arrange

Messed up keeping the 64X on the Stage 5 boss, which probably hurt me the most in earning less than my best play (341M) which I only saved locally - and it's a good thing I did, otherwise this wouldn't be visible on the Online leader board. I also missed both Rose shots I fired at the last boss with my last life active, so I was ready to chalk it up to Try Again Tomorrow. Then he died!

Oh, for just those few million to surpass the #6 holder. Oh well.

First Cave 1CC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psa.png 
Views:	363 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	64947  

2. 7th, nice! That's one of the arrange modes I have yet to try, I think.

Did you buy the game? I don't specifically recall that you have. The aftermarket for it is already pretty nuts, unfortunately.

I don't know how exactly easy PSA is. For the leniency given to absorb normal bullets, and to repel everything else with the crack or rose cannon, there's still plenty of other stuff out there that does kill you.

4. I got it on release, but I focused on clearing standard MMP and haven't really played the package save for odd credits of standard Pink Sweets since.

5. #6 - Binary Domain

Damn good. Really all I'll say for now.
    (You can read more when the review is posted)

2. Mass Effect 2 (PS3, Insanity, )
    2a. Mass Effect 2: Arrival

I kicked this game's ass every which way there is to kick it. I beat it on Insanity, beat all the DLC (most of which was on the PS3 disc), reached level 30, and unlocked all 63 trophies. It's extremely rare that I replay games, let alone games that take almost 50 hours to replay when doing absolutely everything. But this is really a rare game. Third person/cover shooters and WRPGs are probably my two favorite genres. Meld them together as well as BioWare has with this series, and it's pretty hard to resist. The only unfortunate thing is the underlying motivation for my replay: I'm not supporting Origin, so if I wanted a save file to use with ME3, I had to play this version. Hopefully my used copy of 3 will come soon so I can continue the story while this one is fresh.

The biggest bitch was easily the Arrival DLC. While I liked the story, they should have paid me the $7 to put up with the gameplay. The balance on Insanity was terrible, which made it damn near impossible. It's as if they forgot different difficulties existed or didn't expect anyone to actually play on the higher ones.

9/10

2012 Totals:
    1 3DS, 1 PS3
    2 - 9

7. The Arrival was awful. I need to try ME2 on Insanity before I play Me3. I'm almost done with #1 and it's horrendous.

8. #4 Asura's Wrath. Full review on the way but the short version is that I enjoyed the hell out of this. I wasn't expecting to but I've got no complaints that such a weird little title turned out to be so fantastically entertaining.

James

9. 06) Vampire Savior (JPN arcade) 478200/Morrigan/default settings

As good as the others in the DarkStalkers series, but it is a tad short with only 7 battles (same problem as original SFIII) and some good 2D character art. The backgrounds are a bit strange compared to previous games in the series, but still cool- especially the hell train stage. What's up with the white blood in the western versions BTW?
    Instead of keeping the 2 rounds to win system like the other DS games, this one gives you two "lives" per match- a bit like KOF in that your life bar is not reset after you KO the opponent the first time.

10. Mutant Mudds- Lots of fun and just challenging enough. It's not completely wonderful: the enemies are boring, there's not a lot of variety in the landscape, it can be unfair at times, and i wish there were a few health items, but it's a game that you can easily spend a few minutes with a day and be completely happy with. It's tough, but it never gets too tough. If you like platformers with a little bit of a bite, it's recommended! I'm glad that grandma is a playable character after you beat the game with everything.
    Donk