Page 26 of 129 FirstFirst ... 122224252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. 3. Rhythm Heaven Fever

I got all the medals!

4. Rhythm Heaven Fever

Then I got all Perfects, so I'm counting it twice because I wubbadubbadouble beat it.

I forgot what number I'm on, but I beat Uncharted: Golden Abyss on normal. Not a big accomplishment.

A bigger accomplishment, I think, was beating World Tour mode in Virtua Tennis 4, complete with winning the major tournaments, unlocking the secret tournaments and beating Duke the tennis god at the end. Duke was like a SNK boss, impossible until you find the stupid trick he falls for every time.

3. 5.5) Lume. I'm only giving it a half-point because I FAQ-ed it. The lock puzzle with the numbers was terrible, and the solution annoying.

James

4. 14. Yakuza 3

I can't tell which I prefer between this and 4. Having one character with a wide selection of fun moves to mess with is probably better than having them all split between four characters, and having two hub areas is pretty cool. On the other hand, some of the orphanage stuff was slow and the chase scenes were worse. Like all the other games in the series that I've played, the difficulty curve is pretty uneven due to the whole leveling up thing. Overall, though, much like the fourth game, it's pretty damn solid.

5. 8.) Alan Wake's American Nightmare (XBLA)

Remedy delivers, as usual. I started to get annoyed when it dawned on me that the game makes you play through the same three levels no less than three times, but it's handled in such a clever way that I didn't mind at all. Mr. Scratch is a great antagonist, and it's a shame the final confrontation with him is such a cop-out. The real draw of the game is the arcade/survival mode, which is a lot of fun. I've no doubt I'll be coming back to it periodically for the next few months trying to improve my scores.

9.) Sonic CD (XBLA)

A fantastic port and a great deal at only 5 bucks. Just as fun as I remember. I can never seem to decide if this or part 2 is my favorite Sonic.

3. DoDonPachi: Blissful Death (iOS, Normal, 1CC, 102,721,430 points)

I used the Type-A ship and EXY for this run after having lost 1CCs on the last boss with two other "dolls" on previous attempts. As with all of Cave's iOS games, this one plays great, but I don't like DoDonPachi's more middle of the road theme as much as either Mushihimesama's or Ketsui's, where Cave goes all in on either bugs or military. I do like the Hyper concept though, as it's much more valuable that a bomb. In fact, the obvious "secret" to 1CCing this is to make sure you're never exposed with only bombs and no Hyper. My score was #233, which is in the Top 5%. I usually play for survival and not score, so that's pretty cool.

8/10

2012 Totals:
    1 3DS, 1 iOS, 1 PS3
    1 - 8, 2 - 9s
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Mar 2012 at 02:50 PM.

7. #7.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover_large.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	65039

I downloaded this ages ago on the Wii VC and decided to go through it again in anticipation of the upcoming MW collection. I haven't played the MS one in years, so I don't know how better or worse it is, but I enjoyed the hell out of this one. Lots of secrets and bonuses that make you think, bosses that are cool and have challenging patterns, and a really awesome world in general make me sad that Sega left it off the set we're getting next month. This game has really aged quite well.

8. Dragon's Curse is excellent, it actually soured the MS version when I went to play through it. The other two Monsterworld Turbo ports don't fare as well.

I really need to sit down and play through Dragon's Trap Game Gear and Wonderboy in Monsterworld Master System, and the ghost of Westone needs to resurrect this series.

I played through Dragon's Curse for the first time last year, it really is ridiculously good and has aged better than most games of the era.

10. #8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	570513_9916_front.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	65043

I just wanted to try it out, but there's a walkthrough, and the game isn't all that long. I ended up beating it in one sitting. To be fair, I basically did only what was necessary to finish, and there were a lot of conversations and animations that I didn't see. Overall, the game is great for Lum fans and boasts some of the best animation work on the Sega CD. I'll have a review up on Sega-16 in the next couple of weeks.