Page 27 of 129 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. 6 - Journey

Even though it only lasts a couple of hours, it's an unforgettable game. Definitely worth the $15 asking price.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. I've never bought a game on PSN, but Journey makes me want to change that.

3. 6. Metal Slug 3 (xbla)

I totally forgot I had this game, it was one of the first few I ever downloaded and I had never gone through it. Very fun game, the art style of this series is one of my favorite ever.
    Last edited by Pineapple; 19 Mar 2012 at 01:16 PM.

4. 07) Dynamite Duke (arcade/JPN ver.)

It's somewhat like SNK's NAM-1975 in gameplay, but in a more futuristic setting. Another enemy army needs taken down, but their colonel is a crazed scientist who is creating mutant soldiers. When enemies get too close, they can be beaten to hell with uppercuts and gun smashes. Bosses hang back for a bit while using gunfire and then come in to brawl. Very good BGM by Go Sato, even better than his Raiden soundtrack.

The main character resembles Duke Nukem more than a bit (and actually this came out before DN). The Genesis version isn't bad, but it's slightly easier, missing 3 stages from the arcade's 9, and lacking the ninja mid-bosses.

#19 - Touch My Katamari (PSV)

Pretty good for another Katamari game. The new stretching and squishing features work pretty well but aren't really necessary very often. It was pretty much what you would expect, I guess. The transitions from one size tier to the next are handled much better than they were on the PSP. Still a lot left to do, but I saw credits roll so...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. 6) Journey. Short but beautiful.

James

7. #8 - Kingdoms of Amaldur: Reckoning (360, Normal). Something just isn't right about this game and I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. Almost feels generic despite having tons of dialogue and quests. 50 something hours and I feel like I'm finally free. I can't say it's terrible. I just don't know.

8. Maybe because tons of dialogue and quests is becoming the de facto standard of Western RPGs?

9. That's fine, but I think the issue is that what they have is very generic. I only played the demo (which I enjoyed) and I was already mashing my way through the quest text just during that short time.

I still want to play through it, it's just not cheap enough for me yet.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Maybe because tons of dialogue and quests is becoming the de facto standard of Western RPGs?
    I don't think that's necessarily bad if the dialogue is compelling enough to keep you interested. This game wasn't really poorly written, either, but perhaps there are just too many options, too many quests, and too much dialogue without creating a sense of urgency about much of anything. The game really gets tedious towards the end of the main quest, unfortunately and the much praised combat is decent, but nothing particularly ground breaking.