Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Prime 2 was trash.

Only Prime 1 is real.
    That's what I was expecting, but ended up very pleasantly surprised..guess I'm alone in my Prime 2 love, I liked the dark look and it was still plenty colorful. I don't rate it quite as well as Prime 1 though, but it was moderately challenging.

2. Megaman X - AROBEME bought me the collection so it was nice to break it in with one of the best games. I don't know if it's because I've played it so many times, or that it's actually really easy, but I beat it in about 2 and a half hours on New Years day (Beat it right before midnight fuck yeah). Got the hadoken too!

3. 02) Homefront (PC version, Normal difficulty)
    Kind of a short campaign compared to CoD with 7 chapters, but it has good gameplay with a decent plot (the two Koreas unite into the Greater Korean Republic and invade the USA, then you join with a group of rebels to push them out). Not exactly worth the $60 it originally launched for due to the campaign clocking in at just under 4 hours, but I picked it up while it was on sale from Steam for around $15. Replay value is low unless you're trying to get all the achievements, but you could say that about most recent FPS.

I got the Let 'em Burn achievement- when you're in Chapter 3, don't shoot any soldiers who are on fire, and the Safer Skies one- destroy all SAM trucks in Chapter 6.

4. 3. Shoot the Asians 2: Los Revengos de La Hispanics- Pretty good game about shooting people who aren't white. It takes a pretty great turn from the original Shoot the Asians: Krauts Swastika Mein Leiben. I appreciate being able to shoot the invading Mexican forces who are impregnating our white women and making white teenagers and 20-somethings smoke drugs, but I was a little upset that one of the good NPC's was black. I'm looking forward to Shoot the Asians 3: Sharia Law Imposed. Hopefully the Irish are in this one too.
    Donk

5. Prime 2 got to be shit near the end. I'm glad you were able to power through it, DHG. would have advised against it though.

6. Finch plays all the best games.

I got VVVVV on 3ds as well and beat it in two sittings. Great game! I didn't get all the shiny things though, some just seem impossible.

8. The only one that's really difficult is Veni Vidi Vici. Edge Games is rough, but if you get the rhythm down it's not too hard.
    Donk

Yeah, I tried Veni Vidi Vici for half an hour before I gave up. I love that they had a section called "your bitter tears...delicious."

10. I've been on a SNES kick over the past few months and decided to do more than just pop a game in for 20 minutes and re-beat DKC for the first time since probably December of '94. It's held up very well as a game, but the graphics haven't held up as well as I'd hoped they would. Maybe I should've re-beaten it on an old SD set, but whatever, it still felt great to beat K. Rool again.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan