Page 25 of 129 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread 2012: Hai! Dekimashita!

1. #1 Mass Effect - yea, my first game this year. I'm very busy. Beat it for the 2nd time. Anyway, this game is horrible. There are so many things wrong with it. I never want to play it again. The idea that people put it over the 2nd is hilarious to me. BUUUT the story is good and that kind of makes it worthwhile. This may be the only game I've ever said that about.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The balance on Insanity was terrible, which made it damn near impossible. It's as if they forgot different difficulties existed or didn't expect anyone to actually play on the higher ones.
    When they first bombard you with indoctrinated it's pretty rough, but that's about it. I think I died a bunch of times there before I could wrangle them properly and then it turns back into normal ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    The idea that people put it over the 2nd is hilarious to me.
    I thought the final hour was way better than the second game's climax and I do think that the feeling of being an introductory chapter to the story gives it a better atmosphere overall, but gameplay-wise there's no contest. Anyone who claims the first is better in that regard is delusional.

3. ME1's final hour is indeed way better than the rest of the game, but it's really dated. I remember being super impressed back when I first beat it, but it's really only about as good as a regular mission in ME2 (the story elements are way cool, though). ME2's last boss is hella lame, but the actual mission is awesome.

I know this would not happen for a long time but ME1 strikes me as the perfect candidate for a remake. The story and atmosphere and characters are all good, it's just everything else that is garbage.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 08 Mar 2012 at 07:42 AM.

#18 - X-men Origins: Wolverine (360)

God of Warverine for the most part. Ridiculous, over-the-top gore keeps you entertained for the first few hours, after which it becomes a repetitive slog. The story follows the movie, so you know it's terrible. Not bad but not really good in any way.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. The perfect ME game would have the main story from ME1, the side missions from ME2 and the gameplay from ME3.

6. There are a lot of people that think the useless fluff from ME1 was a huge deal and that ME2 is a terrible simplification.

I will never understand these people.

I think they should've cleaned up the weapons and mods interface, made fewer of them but made them better, and give you some weapons with different but fairly equal stats to match your play style instead of this weapon is way better than everything else, throw the rest out kind of fake choices. Same with armor and armor bonuses.

ME2 did simplify the game way too much. I like what they're doing in ME3 so far, though.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    When they first bombard you with indoctrinated it's pretty rough, but that's about it. I think I died a bunch of times there before I could wrangle them properly and then it turns back into normal ME.
    That comment of mine was specifically about Arrival. I didn't have any issues with Insanity in the main game. It also made the Hammerhead missions harder than intended I think. Those turrets could tear you up in a couple seconds.

edit: I should add it was getting the five wave trophy on Insane that was especially infuriating. If you just let yourself die there, it would have been much more straight forward.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That comment of mine was specifically about Arrival.
    So was mine.

10. #5) Pineapple Smash Crew- fun if shallow PC indie overhead free-roaming shooter. My 4-man crew blew away tons of bugs and bots. It's got a nice look to it, and solid action, but needed more variety than "enter room, shoot things, grenade!"

James