Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1222242526

Thread: XCOM: Enemy Unknown - FIRAXIS, TURN-BASED

1. The mouse & keyboard controls work but they're really no better than using a controller. There's a lot of delay between clicking and when the UI elements actually react which is really jarring when you're used to really snappy mouse-based strategy games. Also mousing over the hex map doesn't work as well as it should.

I'm super excited. Doing another runthrough, and convinced my best friend to do one too which I have been watching all the way through. I tried an impossible ironman run..shit is tough because the sectoids don't die to 1 grenade and any shot even against full cover in the early going is like 50-50 to kill. I probably could have scraped it out but I kept losing my sergeants.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

PS really make sure you have an interceptor in a satellite covered country or it really will get shot down real fast, even in month 2. It takes 5 days for the satellite to hit orbit and 3 days to get a new interceptor, so fucking do it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

4. Cow is seriously making me want to pick this up again and restart it. I got about 20 hours in and realized I had very poorly managed my satelites (I had 2!!) And hit a brick wall in terms of where my guys were vs. the enemies and the resources I was generating.

5. Fuck these chryssalid motherfuckers.

YO the expansion is AWESOME
    Pete DeBoer's Tie