Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Marine: Infinite Ammo (iOS)

Star Marine: Infinite Ammo (iOS)

I saw this on Touch Arcade and grabbed it but haven't had a chance to dig in yet:

If the control can support the action, this will be awesome.

Art design is slightly shitty. Like 1993 US PC side scroller shitty.

3. Yoshi, let us know how it plays.

4. Seems like a game that would benefit from actual buttons instead of touch-screen. Do what kof says.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Seems like a game that would benefit from actual buttons instead of touch-screen. Do what kof says.
    Agreed. It's nothing that'll obsolete the 3DS anytime soon.

I'm still gonna buy it
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. OK, so I downloaded this and played it on the iPhone for about 10-15 minutes while waiting in court.

I get surprised when people say 1st gen GameBoy games like The Castlevania Adventure and Operation C are pieces of shit. Because when I played them, they were absolutely mindblowing. They were mindblowing, of course, when compared to other portable games, and other GB games at the time. Today, they don't hold up all that well.

This game is the equivalent of the Castlevania Adventure: it's an acceptable action game for iOS, but pretty shitty compared to a modern 2D portable platformer like Shinobi.

It has a nice combo-based score system. The pad-style touch controls work OK. But the jump and fire buttons are swapped, which is pretty annoying. And the game constantly spams ads at you in-between levels.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. This is one of those subgenres that just absolutely doesn't work with touch controls from what I've played before.

I've lightened up on touch screen gaming a lot, but it really is a matter of designing the game around the controls and not trying to force it based on what worked in another format.

Occasionally phone games will surprise me. Dead Space really impressed me with how well it could cram all the gameplay of the console game onto a touch screen layout without it being awkward. But usually they end up clunky and awkward and not fun.

8. Looks better than Hard Corpse.

Probably spells better too.

PROBABLY SMELLS BETTER TOO HAHAHAHA
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery