Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Moonrise Kingdom - Wes Anderson

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    It's really good. It's Wes Andersony, but i think it became so Wes Andersony that it flew off the rails and transcended twee.
    Woah, that's called "doing the Belle & Sebastian". I saw a shot in the trailer where it was roughly 15 degrees from being perpendicular to a fence in the background, NIGGASBRANCHINGOUT.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. Loved it... didn't know a damn thing about it going in, and that was just fine with me. Wes Anderson's last four films have all delighted me and this was no exception.

Seriously funny, seriously great acting. It's like seeing this fantasy world but the emotions feel so raw and real. I loved the relationship between Sam and Suzie... it reminds me fondly of things.

Although I have seen them, I don't remember Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, or Royal Tenenbaums as well, so I rewatched Tenenbaums. Great stuff, but I really think he continues to grow as a filmmaker and his latest stuff is better and better. (Life Aquatic probably remains my fave, though.)

Also when I was in the theatre some woman had a seizure or an epileptic fit or SOMETHING and freaked out and screamed really loudly right about when Bill Murray throws his shoe. The man she was with put his arms around her and tried to coax her into relaxing but she kept sorta sobbing for a few minutes until they decided to leave. That was weird!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    seriously great acting
    lol, no.

4. It was enjoyable, but it faltered whenever the manufactured whimsy of the whole affair stretched believability (mostly in the final act). Ed Norton did a great job, and I especially liked the casting of all the camp scouts. Weirdly cold and harsh relationshisp among the adults, I'm sure meant as a counterpoint to the children's journey, but it felt too biographical and cynical. I can appreciate Anderson's unique framing, but it often felt too deliberate in this film and was distracting.

5. Apparently this is coming out on DVD/BR on October 16th.