Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teeth Whitening

1. Teeth Whitening

Coffee is starting to take its toll on my bottom teeth. Are any of the store-bought solutions worth it, or am I going to have to uncork my bank account at the dentist?

You should seriously research how tooth whitening works before you consider doing it.

3. I don't trust anyone with whitened teeth.

4. I did it once, after a drunken bid at a charity auction (insert monocle and top hat here). It worked but made my teeth feel like shit for a day. And I recommend doing it right after a teeth cleaning.

It turned out better than I thought but I wouldn't do it again.

5. Tried those strips years ago once and it made my teeth hurt. Fuck that noise.

6. I've only had experience with the expensive kind where you get a mold of your teeth made and fill it with peroxide gel.
    Like others have said, it will make your teeth really sensitive until a day or two after you stop the treatment.
    It worked really well, but my teeth weren't very stained. I never would have bothered if it hadn't been massively discounted.
    I think the full price at that time was something ridiculous, like a couple of hundred.

7. The in store white strips are bullshit and don't work and like Rumpy said, can make your teeth hurt. They actually made my teeth so sensitive that I had to quit using them. When I quit smoking I went and had my teeth whitened by a dentist using the light treatment and it worked insanely well. It did cost a few hundred dollars, but I got the initial light treatment that worked immediately, and then a mold and 4 tubes of the professional gel that many dentists use, and couldn't be happier with the result. After all of the smoking and coffee staining my teeth, 4 years after getting my teeth whitened I can still notice a significant different, and would recommend it to anyone considering it.

Moral of the story, don't use the cheap shit, it doesn't work. Get it done professionally if you want to have your teeth whitened.

edit: Also, any peroxide based whitener can and will most likely cause tooth sensitivity. But using a mold created specifically for your teeth totally makes all the difference in the world in comparison to the white strips.
    Last edited by Brand X; 14 Jan 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Just get a tan instead.

9. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toothpaste_and_brush.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	64257  

10. Drink your coffee through a straw. I think tooth staining from tobacco and beverages can be kept in check with just brushing more often, maybe add some baking soda to your tooth paste for extra scrubbing?