Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Midlife Crisis and Depression

1. Midlife Crisis and Depression

I am going trough a really bad spell right now. Not helped by chantix/quitting smoking.

You can read about it here(warning, long and depressing story): http://fishie-flop-oog.livejournal.com/94665.html

Anyone here who is going/went trough the same shit?
    If so, lets comiserate.

2. I did in 2008-2010. 2011 changed that. Cure? Move, discover local art, and fuck mad bitches, basically just accept change.

"That's all of life, right? It's just... It is growth, then decay, then transformation." - Walter White

Edit: people still has live journal?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 17 Jan 2012 at 05:31 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Probably shouldn't have devoted your life to video games, huh?

4. I'm sort of going through that now. On paper, I know there's a lot I can do to change my situation, but a mix of fear and laziness keeps me from going through with anything. I try to keep it to myself though. You look pathetic crying about your problems when they all stem from you (this is in general and pointed at me, not Almaci).

5. If you can't change your situation, change your perception.
    There are many fun and interesting ways to do that.

6. TNL...

TNL has changed.

7. I felt like that once. I killed myself and felt much better.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    TNL...

TNL has changed.
    We done grown.

Edit: Tangent: I've internet known you guys for 11 years. That's a lot of shit happening and a lot time that has passed while posting on a video game board...

9. You know what it is like to start from nothing and build yourself up, Almaci. It is a scary thought that we can spend so much time slowly gaining momentum, and think we're going to finally reach the point we've been dreaming of, only to realize that we have to start from the very bottom again. This feeling happens after breakups, divorce, losing jobs, losing houses, death, tons of things. One day you're sitting pretty, the next you're cleaning out piss pots or finding out you have cancer. I've seen it.

It'll be more difficult for you because of the role video games played in your life, and because that appears to be your soul passion. But, you can have your own renaissance again, it's just a different time. A few years is nothing in the grand scheme of things, it is possible to recover everything you lost in the same amount of time if you never quit. Yeah, I'm an optimist.

Hope you feel better.

10. It's easy to be optimistic when you have boobs.

If you ever feel down...just look down, and poof! Happiness!