Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: George Lucas to not make any new Star Wars movies, fans apathetic

1. And for the record (again), I liked Indiana Jones 4 quite a bit.

NUKE THA FRIDGE!!!!!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. googled
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    age-genius curve
    got http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...der-get-laid-i
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve
    I feel like I wouldn't be taking this much crap if I just said that Killer Klowns from Outer Space was an awesome movie, or some other random piece of crap.
    It's more that you're defending someone against him being criticized because he made some legendary movies.

Which is to say, I don't think you'd take it well if I said you need to interject less in the podcasts. As you've been important to keeping them on track and keeping them running, you're saying I shouldn't be allowed to say "I don't think I want to listen to the podcasts because you kill them for me sometimes."

I have that right to say that, and you have the right to say "Fuck off."

Which is basically what's happening hear, though with a little more visceral interaction between all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Name the protagonist in Phantom Menace and explain his arc.
    The entire saga is about the antagonist, Anakin Skywalker. The movies, especially the prequels, were never intended to be viewed independently. Luke isn't even the protagonist of the original trilogy. He's simply a plot device to further explain the Anakin character's legacy.

5. Bullshit. Also, Phantom Menace has barely any Anakin in it - until he accidentally saves the world as a 5 year old.

That's probably why the earliest promotional posters had him and nothing else on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star_wars_episode_one_the_phantom_menace_ver1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	64291  

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The entire saga is about the antagonist, Anakin Skywalker. The movies, especially the prequels, were never intended to be viewed independently. Luke isn't even the protagonist of the original trilogy. He's simply a plot device to further explain the Anakin character's legacy.
    That's why the prequels are garbage. Honestly I can sit down and watch any of the OT beginning to end and feel satisfied. I don't watch ESB and say, "well this feels like the second in a trilogy", but Ep 2 only makes sense if you look at it that way (and it's terrible). Only the third prequel has anything resembling an arc like dave is talking about. And even that movie is bogged down by the Phantom Menace-ish first half.

I don't dispute that at all.

9. Star Wars is the rise,fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker, plain and simple.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You have to be guzzling some extra strength Lucas-ade to actually believe any of this shit.