Page 1 of 37 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: George Lucas to not make any new Star Wars movies, fans apathetic

1. Film George Lucas to not make any new Star Wars movies, fans apathetic

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/0...ng-series.html

the real question is, will anybody else be permitted to make them? I don't think anybody really cares if lucas directs another one, but I'll take more set in the same universe from a director that won't ham it up and change story elements just because they can

2. Why should he?

If people treated me the way they've treated him, I'd tell Star Wars fans to go fuck themselves, too.

I mean, just look at the comments in the AV Club regarding this news story.

George Lucas does not deserve all the shit he's taken, IMO.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. White knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    George Lucas does not deserve all the shit he's taken, IMO.
    Really? Really? The man won't stop fucking with his movies. He just keeps dumping more shit on them. When it goes to theater that should be it. EDITING IS OVER.

I really could care less how shitty the prequels were.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Dammit. I broke my sopa silence over this pussy ass sob story. FUCK YOU LUCAS you sorry ass cunt!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Really? Really? The man won't stop fucking with his movies. He just keeps dumping more shit on them. When it goes to theater that should be it. EDITING IS OVER.

I really could care less how shitty the prequels were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Dammit. I broke my sopa silence over this pussy ass sob story. FUCK YOU LUCAS you sorry ass cunt!
    I rest my case.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

7. I'm with Doc. Lucas created the apathy among his fanbase by fucking around with the franchise. I liked the old movies before Lucas had a hard-on for CGI. And of the 3 prequel movies, RotS was the only good one.

Lucas' ego is too big for his own good, so maybe some humble pie will bring him down a peg.

Edit: This quote is a perfect example. ""Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?"

Gee, George, I'm pretty sure people wouldn't give you so much shit if you could just stop runining your original work. Ever hear of the phrase, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."? Clearly not.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 18 Jan 2012 at 05:37 PM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

8. Who cares who is responsible for fan "apathy"? Star Wars belongs to Lucas. He can make and sell the movies however he wants to sell them.

By the same token, he can stop making them and selling them if he chooses.

How does this make him a cunt/rapist of childhood memories/Hitler figure/take your pick of ridiculously disproportionate epithets that people use to describe him on Internet forums?

You also have to consider how over saturated the Star Wars brand is. People are going to get apathetic when you over saturate the fanbase with stuff (and some of it being shovel ware)

We've seen the same thing happen with the Final Fantasy series. It was a sacred cow between 6 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Who cares who is responsible for fan "apathy"? Star Wars belongs to Lucas. He can make and sell the movies however he wants to sell them.

By the same token, he can stop making them and selling them if he chooses.

How does this make him a cunt/rapist of childhood memories/Hitler figure/take your pick of ridiculously disproportionate epithets that people use to describe him on Internet forums?
    I own my dick. Do I have the choice to shove it in your mouth or take it home?