Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Binding of Isaac

1. The Binding of Isaac

Funny that there isn't a thread about this yet. Steam tells me you all play this! IT DOES NOT LIE.

For the uninformed, The Binding of Isaac is a roguelike, NES Zelda-dungeon, twin-stick shooter by Edmund McMillan of Team Meat fame. It's about trying to run from and kill the titular Isaac's mother.

Have a trailer. There are puppets.

This game is like a REALLY GOOD hunk of peppery, beef jerky: tough and satisfying with good replay value. My favorite part of the game is seeing which crazy powerups I get and how they all work with one another.

Also, there's an expansion coming out!

Am I the only one that's been rather obsessed with this game? *glares at TrialSword*

2. I'm going to set up Joy2Key finally, this and Abobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob obobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobob obobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo are going to make me do it.

That looks good! XBLA port, please.

4. I think all this talk for this is buried in the Pc and Steam threads. Personally, I've been too lazy to setup a keybinder program to bother playing this even though I got it in an indie bundle at some point. Maybe one day.

I regret the $2 I gave them for the controller-less SMB. They can fuck off. If they have time to make this shit, they ahve time to actually finish the game with proper control options.

6. Team Meat had a falling out with MS, so there won't be an XBLA port (unless they have more control over the release and pricing/sales).

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I regret the $2 I gave them for the controller-less SMB. They can fuck off. If they have time to make this shit, they ahve time to actually finish the game with proper control options.
    That's just adding content to an existing game. Controller support would mean a complete rewrite since Flash is 100% incompatible with anything but mouse+keyboard.

I think it's worth the 5 minutes to play an awesome game.

8. SMB really is the best platformer in close to the last 20 years.

I assume this is in Flash as well?

10. Yes.

Super Meat Boy supports a 360 pad, by the way. It's definitely not a Flash game.